Honored Contributor

Re: How Some People Look So Good On Skype

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I wouldn't even try to do a Zoom call.  The only selfies I look decent in are the ones taken from above with me looking up.

Oh c'mon @Icegoddess .  We know you'd look darn good on a zoom call!  You look fab in every pic I've seen of you!!!

@San Antonio Gal they're all taken from above too.  ;-)  Oh, the horror when I change the camera to selfie mode and I'm looking down.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting, not that I am in need of one.  They have one of these at my salon and they always take photos of makeup and hair they've done and I never realized what it's intention was.  Of course I am not great at tech stuff, just enough to get by at this point.  But I learned something new today.

Respected Contributor

I've stayed in hotels with mirrors like this.  I guess they're LED.  I remember thinking, WOW my skin has never looked better.  

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Unless it's a close family member, you couldn't pay me enough money to use FaceTime. I never knew I was so ugly! 

@GenXmuse 

Oh, come on.  I'll bet you aren't even close to ugly!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Every time I see myself on FaceTime I have to figure out who that is.  I am still working on gaining back what I lose with chemo, but this is worse than that.  Need to check for some filters.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining You are a survivor and that's beautiful. I don't mean to minimize at all how you feel about your appearance. I lost my Mom to cancer, I am glad you are here.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

They've been used for years to make videos on YouTube, Instagram, etc.  They make ring lights that attach to your phone too to take selfies.  I imagine you could attach it to your laptop as well to do Zoom meetings.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

You can get a ring light to attach to your phone for flawless selfies! Smiley Happy

Westcott Universal Mini Ring Light for Mobile Phones/Devices

@SusieQ_2 I wondered how my cousin always looked so good on her selfies, she is pretty to begin with but not too photogenic, but now I know. Are the ones for your phone at Amazon as well? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN Your cousin's secret is out now. Smiley Very Happy

Yes, you can get them on Amazon. There isn't really much you can't get on Amazon, lol! 

I would have linked it but I don't think we can do that with a site that sells things. Actually, I don't if we can but if you look up Selfie Ring Lights for Cell Phone you'll see them. 

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse - lol  Everyone I know knows not to try to facetime me. I look like another person on those calls. (I hope)Smiley LOL