Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: How Some People Look So Good On Skype

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

@GenXmuse- lol  Everyone I know knows not to try to facetime me. I look like another person on those calls. (I hope)Smiley LOL

Lol, yeah, same, I hope. 😂

Occasional Contributor

Good lighting definitely helps, but I also use a video conferencing app called Perfectcam. It includes AI-powered touch up tools for makeup and skin smoothing. I could have a bare face and apply a full face of virtual makeup that is completely customizable. It has saved me for several 5am video conference calls. Plus the skin smoothing feature instantly takes 10 years off. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

People are beginning to use lights like that for Zoom and Facebook presentations too.  Also makeup professionals, real ones, not the people in department stores can recommend products enhance our faces on Zoom etc.  I don't see myself paying serious money for a lamp but hubby did figure out the placement of a warm light for me and I absolutely have to wear makeup and a bright lip color.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, youtubers use ring lights and digital cameras with filters to film their videos. When the pandemic started and talking heads on tv ended up working from home, they were woefully prepared for those tv appearances with bad lighting and backgrounds. But now most of them have some kind of camera setup with ring lights and a good quality camera and audio set up so they look good on tv again.

One of my favorite beauty youtubers, Angie aka Hot & Flashy has a helpful youtube video that went viral last spring with tips on how to look good on a zoom call/video conference call by fixing your lighting and camera angles. She did her video during lockdown when you had to improvise your lighting and camera setup but it's still helpful since her tips would apply even if you get a ring light and better camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACNGhPKnmok

How To Look Good on Video Calls | Zoom FaceTime Skype | Blogger Secrets!

Honored Contributor

When we built this house I had those large 40 watt bulbs installed on side strips, four on each.  I look great, well half way decent.  Our cottage has the same four bulb strip at the top, I look like I'm ready for the undertaker. Side light does the trick, I've gone down to 25 watt bulbs to save energy.  So I guess I'd have to skype from my bathroom.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN Your cousin's secret is out now. Smiley Very Happy

Yes, you can get them on Amazon. There isn't really much you can't get on Amazon, lol! 

I would have linked it but I don't think we can do that with a site that sells things. Actually, I don't if we can but if you look up Selfie Ring Lights for Cell Phone you'll see them. 

@SusieQ_2  Thank you!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Since this Covid thing started I've been noticing that all the sales reps look fabulous when skyping in for their presentations! Better than when they're in the studio?!