Honored Contributor

Re: How Revlon lost its gloss

The fall of an icon during these challenging times....sad and poignant.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chapter XI refers to "reorganization".     It is possible they can restructure their debt, make payment agreements with creditors,  and remain in business.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Huh ....  excellent information, @feline groovy .   

I went to look up the current top executives and thought billionnaire Ron Perelman (Ellen Barkin's ex husband) was still running Revlon.  Guess not.  He was pretty crazy but he also knew how to make companies VERY profitable.    

Honored Contributor

I never had much luck with Revlon products.  I think I have one Revlon product, a cream eyeshadow.  Hated their lipsticks.  I also never really considered them to be a better brand than Maybelline or L'Oreal. 

Honored Contributor

@namealreadytaken  I'm 74 and well recall her as being a very well known model. I always thought she was just lovely. Prettier than some others named.

Honored Contributor

I remember my Dad telling me that my Mom wanted a Revlon set that painted nails and carried four of their bottles in a pretty case that snapped in the front for Christmas.  I was about 7.  He and I went shopping for it and I remember we found it and I was smitten, we bought it and I wanted it (LOL!).... but it went to my very thrilled Mom.

I've never used much make up but always thought of that little set that my Mom loved.  That's what I think of when I think of Revlon.  It's a shame what happens to these companies......

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Huh ....  excellent information, @feline groovy .   

I went to look up the current top executives and thought billionnaire Ron Perelman (Ellen Barkin's ex husband) was still running Revlon.  Guess not.  He was pretty crazy but he also knew how to make companies VERY profitable.    

@Tinkrbl44 According to Yahoo and New York Post, he has a list of failures. 

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy Thanks for posting.  When I saw this I thought...the end of an era.

The other thought Inhad was that a couple of years of wearing masks has completely changed my view of makeup.  I wear less and less.  Eyes, brows and lips and that is it for me!  LM

PS, always loved Revlon and the models are lovely!

Respected Contributor

i liked their nailpolish.  they really should have re-vamped their packaging. i never looked at their products much. they seemed to be a line for my mother's generation. 

i liked Yardley and LOVE makeup as a teen and later in my 20's Clinique ,Lancome and  Prescriptives

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

i liked their nailpolish.  they really should have re-vamped their packaging. i never looked at their products much. they seemed to be a line for my mother's generation. 

i liked Yardley and LOVE makeup as a teen and later in my 20's Clinique ,Lancome and  Prescriptives

@CatsyCline   I had a whole collection of their nail polish.  Loved them.  💅

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread