Contributor

Re: How Revlon lost its gloss

Thank for posting this wonderful walk back in time.  I worked for the Chairman of Revlon in the 80's, until it was involved in a hostile takeover, a very nasty and malicious event.  Of course, I lost my job but had to spend 2 months working under the new owner who tried to make my life very difficult.  

Not at all surprised at the bankrupty - even in the early days it had lost market share to many of the high end cosmetic lines and constantly struggled to keep pace. I couldn't even give Revlon cosmetics and fragrances to my friends. Yes, it acquired new lines but even that was not enough.  The takeover became one based on personal emotion, the purchase price was way too high.

I guess what comes around, goes around.  The karma train has arrived for those for took great pleasure in upending so many lives.  This could not happen to a nicer bunch of people.  🤗🤗

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

i liked their nailpolish.  they really should have re-vamped their packaging. i never looked at their products much. they seemed to be a line for my mother's generation. 

i liked Yardley and LOVE makeup as a teen and later in my 20's Clinique ,Lancome and  Prescriptives

@CatsyCline 

I have loved Lancome for years and in the last 2 years, I have gotten "dried"up mascara and smelly foundation.  I began to wonder if my store was keeping it too long, so I went to Ulta to start buying and the eyeliner was water.  So, something is either happening in my area with Lancome or the stores are letting it get old.  I don't know which but I have had to go to MAC.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone else remember when Revlon had bejeweled lipstick tubes and occasionally, cute little lipstick cases with jewels and the lipsticks were always encased in golden with sparkles on the ends of the tube.