Valued Contributor

Re: How Much Would You Pay For A Haircut

$13 and that's with a tip! Our dog has the most expensive haircut in the family, then hubby, then me! 

Honored Contributor

No more than $15.

Seriously.

I have wavy hair that's trimmed/cut dry, with sometimes maybe just a little spritz on the ends.

This is because wavy (& curly) hair 'shrinks up' a bit as it dries, so it's hard to tell what the exact results will be.

My fave places is the chain 'Great Clips', and if you get on their email and mailing lists, they'll mail you a few coupon cards each year.  8)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I live in north NJ, a NYC suburb, and prices are all over the place.  I tried some fancier salons ($60-$75 for a cut and blow dry) and was not pleased with the result.  It all depends on the stylist.

I go to a mall salon and pay $30 which is very reasonable.  My husband goes to Great Clips or Supercuts but he gets a very short haircut and he's not fussy.  I won't go to those places since I want the same stylist every time.

You can always call about a week ahead to find out which days/hours your fave is working.

Works for me, and is much more affordable.. 8)

Honored Contributor

@meonlybetter wrote:

$13 and that's with a tip! Our dog has the most expensive haircut in the family, then hubby, then me! 

Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I was paying around $50, but kept getting uneven cuts.  I finally went to a place someone at work suggested.  When I started going there, it was $18 cut/blow dry.  They went to $21, now $24.  I know that's still a good price, but I was wondering if it was too much. I think I'm ready to move on.

Trusted Contributor

Every 4 weeks I pay $80.00 including tip for color, trim and blowout.

Honored Contributor

I gotta get out more. I am absolutely floored at the prices being quoted here. I live in a beach city in SoCal. Unless you choose one of the chains, you're looking at over a hundred just to walk in a quality salon.

Every five weeks I get my roots down, ends trimmed, and just a couple minutes with a diffuser. I have the good fortune that my wonderful stylist charges me only $100, so I tip her $25. The previous stylist at the same salon was charging me $135, and that was more than three years ago.

Checking around at other salons, I found that I couldn't get the same for probably less than $160.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

$75 and 20% tip..

Respected Contributor

I pay about $110-125 (I can't recall the exact amt, as she just raised her prices slightly)every 6-8 weeks for full 3-color foil, haircut and style. I usually tip $25-30. I would pay $200 plus tip for that. I like for my hair to look decent, and this stylist knows my hair, how the color "pulls" and how to cut it how I like. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Depends upon where you live, no??  -  around here even the cheapy places are over $40 unless you walk out with wet hair.

I go regualrly for one process color, cut and blowout on my short hair -- $110 plus tip-- generally $20 which is not quite 20% I know, but it feels okay to me because I know the blowout of my hair takes far less time than for others and there's no discount for that.

Yes, it does depend where you live.  If you live in an area where rents are high, you'll pay more.  I never have a cut only.  I either get my roots touched up or get highlights plus my cut and blow dry.  I pay anywhere from 90-150, depends on what I'm having done that day.  My stylist also charges less than many in my area.  

And those prices are pre-tip.