Contributor

Re: How Much Would You Pay For A Haircut

With tip, I spend @$50. I do not go every 6 weeks like he recommends. I usually get it cut a little shorter than I like to give it time to grow out so I don't have to go as often.

Trusted Contributor

I "accidently" paid $160 at a new salon.  I had no idea how much it was and when she told me, I about had a cow.  She wouldn't take a credit card so I had to leave go get cash and come back.  After that, I never went back!

Honored Contributor

I go to my local Hairmasters where my girl has been there for many years. I pay $18 that includes shampoo, haircut,and blow out and I tip accordingly. Just got my hair highlighted for $65 a few weeks ago. Until she leaves I will happily go there. I dread the day when I have to find a new person. BTW--I always get what I want  from her and get many comments about how great it looks.

Respected Contributor

Just had mine cut on Saturday.  I started going to the stylist my DD uses and she charges $20 for a cut, then I give her a $5 tip.  For several years I was going to the fancy salons and paid $65 plus tip for the same cut.  This new lady does almost as good.  Since I don't go to work any more or have any need for a fancy "do" I'm more than satisfied. 

Esteemed Contributor

I pay $14 plus a $3 tip.   She turns 65 today, so may retire this year.  She has done my haircut, blow dry & style for over 30 years.  It will be a sad day when I am searching for a new stylist. She has never given me a bad haircut & I go about every 10 weeks.  I live in a town of 10,000   

Esteemed Contributor

I pay $30 for a cut every six weeks and consider it a bargain these days.  

Respected Contributor

My stylist charges $22 for a cut only and $35 for shampoo, cut, blow dry and style. 

Respected Contributor

I pay $65 plus $13-15 tip. my stylist gives me such a fabulous cut that I can go 3 months between cuts, despite the fact that my hair grows really fast. So it's worth it.
Valued Contributor

When I lived in a large city in Florida, I paid $50.00 and it was always a great cut for my crazy hair.

Now, I live in "small" town USA and pay $16.00 for a hair cut.  "NOT THE BEST" I'm thinking of changing.

As my husband says, you pay $16.00 for a hiar cut you get a $16.00 cut.  You get a $50.00 one and the results are much better.

Aveda salons are always the best.  If one can find one near them.  If I go to an Aveda salon, I'll be traveling 45 miles one way, but I know it will be worth it!!!  I'll have to make it an errand day for other things.

Respected Contributor

Over the past several years the place I liked went from $40 to $75, I don't go there anymore. I guess someone has to pay for their two salons they recently built.  I tried a place over a year ago and it was $80 (before tip).  Now I have found someone that charges $40 and she's excellent so I'm going to keep going there.  Anything above $40 is crazy to me.

What angers me is one salon charges $35 for women and $22 for men.  It took her all of 2 minutes to trim my bangs and the ends of my hair yet I paid full price, and she managed to do a crummy job.  My husband goes and has an all over cut and pays a lot less.  Yes, I don't go to her anymore.