Honored Contributor

How Much To Tip The Shampooer

I tip the guy who cuts my hair 20% but have always wondered how much is enough to tip the woman who shampoos my hair. I don't get my hair dyed so she only is doing a basic wash and conditioning. I tip her $4, is that enough?

Honored Contributor

Re: How Much To Tip The Shampooer

@Jordan2 wrote:

I tip the guy who cuts my hair 20% but have always wondered how much is enough to tip the woman who shampoos my hair. I don't get my hair dyed so she only is doing a basic wash and conditioning. I tip her $4, is that enough?

Yes, that's fine and very nice of you to remember her.

Trusted Contributor

I think $4 is generous. I have read "tipping guides" that suggest $2-$3 for the shampoo person. It probably depends on the type of salon, location, prices ... but I think you're more than fine with the $4 tip. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I  tip $10 - $25 depending on the services the stylist assistant provided Smiley Happy

live....laugh....love
Esteemed Contributor

I give $5.00 no matter what the total bill comes to. If they really turn it out and give me a monster head massage, I might bump it up to $10.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@bruingirl wrote:

I  tip $10 - $25 depending on the services the stylist assistant provided Smiley Happy

But most people don't go to the same salon you do. Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@bruingirl wrote:

But most people don't go to the same salon you do. Woman Wink

LOL! Smiley LOL

live....laugh....love
Respected Contributor

@bruingirl wrote:

Are you talking about the shampoo person?  That seems like a lot to me.  That's the range I tip my stylist.

Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@bruingirl wrote:

Are you talking about the shampoo person?  That seems like a lot to me.  That's the range I tip my stylist.

yes, the stylist's assistant cleanses my hair, applies a hair mask and sometimes assists the stylist with during the hair color process....that's why I gave a range Smiley Happy

live....laugh....love
Super Contributor

I tip $5 to $8 depending if she spends a lot of time giving me a mini massage with the shampoo.