Respected Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut

Cut and color just went from $90 to $115. I have to go every four weeks....so ouch!

Sorry I don't know the cost of just the cut. 

Esteemed Contributor

I almost hate to admit this, but I've recently been going to a barber shop that charges everyone only $10.

And I get a great haircut.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I just get mine cut (no blow out or color).  Price is $20 and I pay her $25.  For the first time EVER, I forgot an appt till the next day.  I felt so SO bad Smiley Sad  When I went for my new appt, I paid her $50 to make up for my forgetfulness.

Respected Contributor

the salon i was going to raised their prices to $55 for cut - no style - so i went back to Great Clips. The last 2 times i had the floating stylist who does an AWESOME cut.  The poo/cut was $15 and i give a $10 tip.  she put in some curl leave-in and my hair looked great!   plus she didnt try to sell me on color services as i'm one full year out from coloring!   yay!   i made it!!

Honored Contributor

I pay  $25.00 per cut and I like clockwork, get my hair cut every 4 weeks.  I have been using the same salon for years, my stylist does a great job.  That price is about average in the area.  $75.00 for cut and color.

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

the salon i was going to raised their prices to $55 for cut - no style - so i went back to Great Clips. The last 2 times i had the floating stylist who does an AWESOME cut.  The poo/cut was $15 and i give a $10 tip.  she put in some curl leave-in and my hair looked great!   plus she didnt try to sell me on color services as i'm one full year out from coloring!   yay!   i made it!!

I used to pay $$$$$ just for a cut in Center City Philadelphia. Then I found a stylist 2 miles from my house. She cut back her hours to just Saturday. So she still had the same # of clients. She was always running late for her appointments. Got tired of waiting more than an hour. Or she would ask me to come back. I guess because everyone else was getting $250 color, highlights, low lights, cut and style. My $50 hair cut was easy to pass up.

Ended up at Great Clips. I am thrilled. Don't have to make an appointment 2 months ahead of time. Have gotten great hair cuts. The owner happened to do me the last 2 times. And before that a woman who owns her own salon in Plumsteadville cut my hair. Can't bet the price and I am in and out. 

I also give a $10 tip. It is well worth the service I get.

Respected Contributor

Wow, some people pay quite a bit... No, I pay nothing. I I learned how to cut my own hair, via YouTube . It's not hard, I am never disappointed, and it's fun!  ❣️👍🏼

Respected Contributor

Wow ! I can't believe how much some pay for a haircut but I see that some also get color as well. I go to Great Clips and pay $18 senior cut.They recently went up from $13. I was not happy with my last cut about 2 weeks ago, a gentleman cut my hair and although he pulled my record from prior cuts that showed what size clippers they usually cut  my hair with he did a bad job. My hair was uneven so I came home and did what I could to cut it and make it look better. I will never let him cut my hair again. I started to complain to the main office but decided to let it go.

Honored Contributor

$14.99 at Great Clips.  And they do a great job.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pay $80.00 for a cut.  I get highlights 1-2x a year and that's more.  My hair is in a bob so it's not something that I could do a good job by myself. 

My stylist is amazing but expensive!

ETA:  I'm also in the Philadelphia suburbs.....Bucks Co