Respected Contributor

How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut

I live in the Philadelphia suburbs.  The salon I've been going to is a chain and has several locations.  It seems as though they have been gradually raising their prices.  I can understand the extra cost of Covid and inflation but I'm getting suspicious of these new rates.

About how much do you pay for just a haircut?  I'm curious.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut

@Winkk   My salon is not a chain, but still went up from a $70 haircut to $75 + 20% tip.

It would be too much if I had my short pixie cut and needed to go every 6 wks. With my hair longer and curly, I can wait for a cut every 3-4 months, so I don't feel the pinch.

Honored Contributor

Just got a hair cut Wednesday $35 including tip.  However my stylist did say she was going to have to raise her prices as her products have all gone up in price.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Last 2 times with another new stylist---$58 plus tip-----am due to go back in a few days.

Trusted Contributor

Cut + style is $75.  It was probably around $60 before the pandemic.  Fortunately I have long layers and can go a few months (or more) between visits.  

Respected Contributor

@Winkk I love my stylist. She just raised my price to $28.

She is very reasonable, I know. 

Honored Contributor

Supercuts, senior rate.  Including $3.95 for Covid and tip:  $25.00.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been going to my stylist since I was in my early 20's....I am now 66.   I pay $24.00 including tip. 

Respected Contributor

Mine just raised her prices to $30.  She's a genius at cutting curly hair.  I tip her $10 because she's so good.  My girlfriend in the same area is paying right at $100 w/o tip.

Honored Contributor

Our daughter is a master stylist so I know her prices are a little higher than some of the other stylists in the shop. However, I'm not certain what the prices are. I think it's around $25 for an adult shampoo, cut, and blow dry - less for kids, and maybe a little more if the client has long hair. DH and I get our services for free (she's allowed to do that for us), but we tip very well as if we were paying for the service.  I feel it's fair because we're taking time away where she could have a paying guest in her chair.