Respected Contributor

Re: How Much Do You Pay For A Haircut

@Winkk She is & she is amazing. Any suggestion you have will take it & go with it.

Or if she doesn't think it will work on you or you won't be happy with it for any reason she will advise you how she can make it work for you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get my color & cut together so I have no clue how my stylist breaks down her charges.  Also, I get the friends/family discount due to my loyalty, so my cost may not be realistic to what her normal charges are.  I pay $120 for color/cut, and I tip another $20.  I think she charges the normal public $170 for color/cut.  She always gives me a receipt and although I don't pay full price, that is what is on my receipt.

She mentioned to me last week that for new clients she is going to increase her rates.  Her costs are going up exponentially, rent, products, etc., due to inflation.

Just checked...she charges $80 for cut & blow-dry.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

$85 + 20% tip =102$

its the color, hi/lo lights that make the fee much higher...

i get out at about $350 and go every eight weeks.

im really trying to figure out something lower maintenance!

Honored Contributor

Kind of a bitter subject with me and the salon I USED to go to. The last time I was there, I walked in only to find that my stylist was on some sort of personal leave. They was I had been notified but I was not. Haven't been back since, will not be going back even if my stylist does.

When I was going, she'd either do a root touch up or occasionally foils to hilight. both with a cut for very short hair. Yes they raised prices for everything - products used, treatments, hair cuts - and let us not forget paying for services by my stylist who they promoted which I totally resented. On top of ALL these price increases I still had to tip, and tip big! My last appointment I left out of there paying with tip $200.00. Yes I flipped out but I paid it.

During the pandemic when the salons were closed I colored my own hair, lasted as long as their expensive products and looked just as good. Plus if I wanted to change the color up I could do that, it was great fun in fact!

After the debacle at the salon with no stylist to do my hair, I finally found a guy to cut it. This was 2  months ago or so. Went to make another appt with him and POOF he left!!!  He did a good job too, way better than that expensive place.

Now I go to a barber shop of 2 or 3 people, one of which is a woman I used to see YEARS ago at a tanning salon who cut my husband's hair and has for years. Lisa is great, did a great job and with her tip, out the door for $35!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She does not color my hair which is fine, either I can do it or actually right now I'm going grey to see what it looks like.

Super Contributor

I live in a small'ish town so prices are no where near what big cities charge.  I have been going to my salon for several years--- I get a cut, color,  eyebrow tint and trim---for $47---I tip well over on top of that!  I was going to a large town and paying triple that---thinking it was a better stylist---but no-----LOVE my stylist!  I feel very blessed!!

Honored Contributor

I paid $60 yesterday (not including tip) for a cut/style and color. I'm in central Florida and have gone to the same stylist for many years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pay 25.00 plus tip for a dry cut - no style.  My hairstyle is a bob with long layers.   It's similar to Kirsten's, but longer.  I do my own color.

Honored Contributor

@pietook wrote:

I live in a small'ish town so prices are no where near what big cities charge.  I have been going to my salon for several years--- I get a cut, color,  eyebrow tint and trim---for $47---I tip well over on top of that!  I was going to a large town and paying triple that---thinking it was a better stylist---but no-----LOVE my stylist!  I feel very blessed!!

Wow @pietook .  47.00 for everything is a great price!  

Contributor

Wow, that does sound like a great price. I am fair, with blonde hair, stick straight. When I was younger, I always went with the Marcia Brady look, long and parted in the middle.  I started to go grey in my 30s, but it easily blended with blonde.  I always got a cut every 4 weeks because by hair is really thick, grows more "out", than down.  I started getting color when I turned 40, plus I needed a good cut for the office.  Fast forward to now, and I am working from home, most days my hair stays in a ponytail.  I too live in a Philly suburb, and I pay $125.00 for cut, color and blowout.  I give a $25.00 tip because I don't see her as often as I used to.  Added bonus:  the salon is right next door to one of the best bakeries in our area!  Yum.

Frequent Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I live in the Philadelphia suburbs.  The salon I've been going to is a chain and has several locations.  It seems as though they have been gradually raising their prices.  I can understand the extra cost of Covid and inflation but I'm getting suspicious of these new rates.

About how much do you pay for just a haircut?  I'm curious.

Thanks.

Nothing.

Since a hair stylist gave me a mullet (when I showed a photo of a short, tousled cut) and made me cry, I've cut my own.  Now with what's going on, I'll probably never return to a salon.