Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Eyeshadows Do You Use In One Look

@Jordan2 

I watched that tutorial/review, too. Beautiful colors and, if they were mostly matte, I’d get that palette. As it is, too much shine for me.

I like my shadows to done in a subtle look and use 2-4 different ones. Most tutorials show dramatic looks that horrify me! Lol

Esteemed Contributor

2 to 3

Honored Contributor

'80 and '90's I used three never more than that.  From about 2000 on I used two, until Corona then none. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I use only one shade of eyeshadow most of the time. I have many palates to choose from but I don't wear more than two colors at a time. I think three or more colors almost always look overdone, especially in the daytime.

Esteemed Contributor

Typically 1-4.  Sometimes 5.  Depends on my mood.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Just one.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

4 for my everyday ravishing look.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Eye shadow is fun - don't you agree @SurferWife ?  I enjoy playing around with colors.  Smiley Happy 

My everyday # is 3.  I use more if I'm going somewhere special.   But it's been zero since March - working from home.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

Eye shadow is fun - don't you agree @SurferWife ?  I enjoy playing around with colors.  Smiley Happy 

My everyday # is 3.  I use more if I'm going somewhere special.   But it's been zero since March - working from home.  

@San Antonio Gal 

Yes!  I love playing with eyeshadows, but alas, being home all the time (even though I already worked from home prior to COVID) I honestly can't remember when I have worn it!  My "stay-at-home" makeup routine is foundation, eyebrow powder, mascara & lipstick.  At least I look presentable if I have to get out.

Hope you're doing well! Woman Very HappyHeart

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately, I was 60 years old before I realized that as women mature (as far as eye shadow is concerned) less is definitely more. Prior to Covid-19, I used 2 shadows for my daily makeup, neutral shade on the lid and a bit into the crease and a quick swipe of glowing (no glitter, no shimmer, no frost) highlighter (off-white, pale peach, pale pink) on my entire browbone area. For evening or dressier occasions, I add a bit of a lighter neutral shadow directly into the crease slightly winging it up at the end of my eyelid. 

Working from home, I do a quick swipe a flesh-colored "glowy" shadow from lashline to eyebrow. 

For me, it seems to look best on those cursed zoom meetings.