Honored Contributor

How Far Will You Go With Beauty Aids???

How Far are You willing to go with Beauty Aids?  I freely admit I had my saddle bags lipoded off (no problem, what ever).  Everything fits better.

I'm considering having laugh lines injected.  The injections now have lydocane in them!  I guess that's as good as it gets!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: How Far Will You Go With Beauty Aids???

I've used Voluma™ since the day it came on the market.   I have a very thin face, and it helps me from looking gaunt.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a 'laser lift' years ago. Now my derm is suggesting fillers but my regular doctor says no because of my medical issues with scleroderma which has made my lips disappear and made terrible lip lines, too. If I could do it I would but it's not in my cards....sigh. The rest of my face is wrinkle free and no sags...just those darn pencil lips and lines.Woman Tongue I'm 63.

Respected Contributor

Good skin care is enough for me. I use moderately priced products. 

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Good skin care is enough for me. I use moderately priced products. 

@tucsongal  Same here. I've made peace with all my sags and wrinkles. I've earned every last one of them.

Honored Contributor

I’d consider an eyelid lift in a few years maybe.  This year I plan on getting fillers for my howdy-doody lines because they make me look sad.  I had those lines filled about eight years ago for my son’s wedding — totally worth it.

Honored Contributor

I had the saddlebags and the below the belly button baby pooch lipo'd.  I didn't do the tummy tuck they recommended because I didn't want them cutting into the muscle.  It means I have some droopy skin, but I worked way too hard on my abs to have to start over again.  I didn't even bother to have a revision to have that skin tightened. Not like I'm gonna be wearing a bikini at 60.   If I could find a non-invasive way to tighten it I would, but that's it.  No injections or fillers.  My only wrinkles are forehead ones and a "1" between the eyes, although I can tell I will be getting pucker lines above my lips.  Would love to have a laser skin tightening procedure for the jowls I can see are coming.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I had the saddlebags and the below the belly button baby pooch lipo'd.  I didn't do the tummy tuck they recommended because I didn't want them cutting into the muscle.  It means I have some droopy skin, but I worked way too hard on my abs to have to start over again.  I didn't even bother to have a revision to have that skin tightened. Not like I'm gonna be wearing a bikini at 60.   If I could find a non-invasive way to tighten it I would, but that's it.  No injections or fillers.  My only wrinkles are forehead ones and a "1" between the eyes, although I can tell I will be getting pucker lines above my lips.  Would love to have a laser skin tightening procedure for the jowls I can see are coming.  

@Icegoddess if you're just looking to get rid of some loose skin, they don't have to cut through the muscle. I had this done and it gave me tighter skin without touching my toned abs. I still had some wrinkly skin/stretch marks that remained plus now a scar too, so it's a trade off.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess if you're just looking to get rid of some loose skin, they don't have to cut through the muscle. I had this done and it gave me tighter skin without touching my toned abs. I still had some wrinkly skin/stretch marks that remained plus now a scar too, so it's a trade off.

@Texasmouse, I understand that.  He offerered the revision after I had pretty much healed as an alternative.  But, I wasn't wanting to do more surgery and, like I said, I won't be wearing a bikini, so It only bothers me a little depending on what underwear I'm wearing.  If I really wanted, I could still wear a crop top to show off my toned abs or a one-piece suit.  Some of those can be pretty sexy too.  Sadly, my plastic surgeon died last year.  

Honored Contributor

I had my breasts done after I stopped breastfeeding. Went from flat to not as flat. Just back to their normal size. I didn’t go bigger.