Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Respond To Someones Post On The Same Page?

@betteb wrote:

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Like on the old  boards if you responded to someone it would be underneath the  post. I responded to a thread hit the reply button and it went on to a new post by itself. I hope this makes sense. What do I need to do? TIA

Click reply in the post you want to reply to. At the top right of the reply box, click quote. Smiley Happy

Testing.  It works.  Thank you.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Thank you so much everyone I get it now. I guess I am a slow learner. Thanks again!!

Honored Contributor

you hit the reply button - wrtie what you want then hit quote and their text will appear

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Like on the old  boards if you responded to someone it would be underneath the  post. I responded to a thread hit the reply button and it went on to a new post by itself. I hope this makes sense. What do I need to do? TIA

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

It's just an individual preference, but I prefer to "quote" and then add my reply. I think the reply makes more sense that way, more of a natural flow.

When the reply is first, I usually skip down to the quote first and then go back to read the reply.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Should have added another minor problem with putting your reply before the quote: If someone then wants to reply to what YOU said and uses the quote function, it isn't as clear as to what they're replying to as it is if your reply came after the quote.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland