Honored Contributor

How Do YOU Apply Your IT Foundation?

I bought the Bye Bye Foundation Full Coverage Moisturizer during their 1/2 price sale last week.  I usually wear EL Double Wear Stay In Place and love it.  The first time I applied the Bye Bye foundation I used my fingers like I do with the EL foundation.  It was too thick and I didn't like the way it looked.  The next time, I dotted it around my face and then smoothed it out with a damp beauty blender.  MUCH better!!!  It wore nicely.  I had Hourglass primer underneath and (altho I don't think I needed it) Urban Decay All-Nighter as a finishing spray.

Do you like this foundation and how do you find is the best way to apply it?

Respected Contributor

Re: How Do YOU Apply Your IT Foundation?

@monicakm 

I wear the original iT CC cream. I place a few dots on my face, smooth it out with my fingers, and then use the iT brush that came with the foundation and buff it out until it blends to my liking.

I don't wear a primer, but I finish with Mally's Face Defender to get more of a matte finish.

Respected Contributor

I also use the CC foundation and I use the brush that came with it.  I do use a primer and then put a few drops of the foundation on the brush and blend it in all over my face.  Looks good all day.

Super Contributor

I use the Bye Bye Moisturizer foundation and I apply it with a cosmetic sponge. Sometimes I dampen the sponge a little to get a lighter coverage. 

Valued Contributor

After always using my fingers to apply, I switched to a beauty blender sponge.  I loved the sponge for even, smooth blending, BUT...I noticed I was running out of product at least twice as fast.  I was buying foundation every few weeks -- the product was sinking into the sponge instead of my face!  

I switched back to using my fingers, and my foundation lasts forever!!

Honored Contributor

Sorry I posted this question twice Smiley Surprised  I have no idea!  I don't indulge in adult beverages so I guess it's just old age or the CBD brownie I ate for knee pain Smiley Surprised