Call upon arrival

Waiting area is outdoors in front of the shop

Everyone wears a mask 

Temps taken and typical Corona questions asked upon entry

Thorough sanitation at stations & shm between clients 

Valued Contributor

Re: How Are Appointments At Your Salon?

@ECBG   I would be llama #1. Smiley Very Happy

My hairdresser and I have been together for about 15 years and kept in touch off and on during all this. She texted me last week that she would be willing to cut my hair in her driveway lol, and I happily accepted. I haven't had my hair cut since the first week in March, and oh boy do I look like it too. 

Anyway, weather permitting we have a standing date now for October 3rd. She's going to do my daughter's at the same time, if my daughter is able to come home that weekend (covid depending). 

I can NOT wait to get it cut! I am going short, cause it may be a while before it happens again Smiley Wink

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I've been to my salon several times since we reopened. My salon is very small. It's always just my stylist and me. No one else. So I feel completely safe.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

HA!  That is so cute!  I basically look like this - only not even near as cute and my hair is much longer and shaggier!  I haven't been to the salon in almost 7 months!  Yikes!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I still have to wait in my car until they come out and get you.  As you enter they give you a squirt of hand sanitizer and of course masks.

Honored Contributor

I really don't know how things are at my salon. I haven't been there since February. I cut my own hair and I don't color it so I'm good so far.

Esteemed Contributor

I make my appointments 6 months at a time so not problems. It's a one woman operation so no masks needed but if a client requests she will wear one, no temperature checks either. I've been going since they reopened in May. 

Honored Contributor

My salon had about 8 chairs (inc. owner) - chairs were always full and generally a couple of us waiting.  Plus, she had shampoo girl and receptionist.   Really busy place!

They are now only allowed two chairs at a time and no one waiting inside.  They put two chairs outside the shop for anyone waiting.

Two other nearby salons that I've used are in the same predicament.   

I've been growing out the pixie cut I got when I decided to stop coloring my hair.  My last professional cut was in early March - so I'm all grown out and gave myself a haircut a couple of weeks ago! 

My hair is coming in a really nice brown/gray/white blend and I'm pleased to see that the natural curls I had as a kid have returned.  

Looks pretty good!  Got compliments just this weekend from someone I hadn't seen in a while.  So - at the moment I'm okay with not being able to get to the salon. 

Honored Contributor

I keep my appointments scheduled with two future appointments.   I text the receptionist when I arrived.  She meets me at the door when I arrive.  You aren't allowed to come in without a mask.  My hairdresser no longer dries and styles my hair.  That was a rule set by the Mayor, but I don't think it's in effect any longer.  My salon is still not drying my hair, but the charge is still the same.  I feel it should be reduced but like the way my hair is cut so won't change salons.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I went Wednesday to get a cut, color, and blowout. I use to bring my mom, she would have the owner, a man do her hair ( I don't use him, I use a woman in the salon). Anyway, he was friendly, he enjoyed speaking with me. I asked the woman that shampoos is he alright, he seems different? She said he is worried, business isn't what it was, he hopes he doesn't have to close.