Honored Contributor

How Are Appointments At Your Salon?

I can get an appointment when I want it.  Hope everyone is ok.

FB_IMG_1589503235333.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: How Are Appointments At Your Salon?

Business as usual except we all wear masks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I have been going on Saturday because during the week the shop is very crowded & busy with 7 stylists, 2 esthetician's & 3 nail techs.  

I changed to Saturdays because usually it's only me and maybe another client since only 2 stylists & shampoo girl work from 9-2.

I get my h/c every 3 weeks so far it's working perfectly.

Respected Contributor

Salons opened mid June in my State so appts are still difficult to get but I got lucky & snapped up a canceled appt on Sept 3rd for a cut-color....face covering required, temperature taken, a few questions & it's a go.

Esteemed Contributor

I found a beautician who's working out of her divided garage and lives 3 minutes from me. I just email her and then I go over there -- $25 for a very nice haircut. I'm also glad she could earn a living!!!!

Respected Contributor

I haven't had a problem making appointments with my new stylist. It's just the two of us, both wearing masks. He has a private salon within a larger "co-op" and sanitizes anything I've touched before his next client arrives. It feels so good to have my old do back!

Honored Contributor

My salon opened up at the end of May.  I waited for them to call me since I wasn't hating my hair.  I color it myself and I was actually liking the extra length.  They have always been busy so I have always made my next appointment while I'm there and that's what I still do, so I'm not sure how they are doing.  I know they told the news that they were working different shifts so that they could leave empty chairs between clients.  

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't been back to either my hair or nail salon, yet☺

They opened up late June here. I drove by my nail salon this week and they were swamped!  I haven't gotten a call from either so I'm wondering if the techs found other employment?  

I freshened my own color this week, including brows and trimmed the split ends.

Still rocking the Pandemic Ponytail and enjoying the $$ I'm saving. 

Honored Contributor

@kivah 

I just heard about a stylist who comes to your home or you can go to her in-garage salon.  many people here have been using her through the pandemic.  They say if she comes to your home she cuts your hair in your garage or lanai area.

I like the cuts on my friends but what I like more she charges $25 ca$h and I pay $55.

That maybe my new hairdresser soon🙂

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer to go to the hairdresser's salon-in-her-garage.She also has young children - and they're in the house.I used to go to SuperCuts - when I would find a good hairdresser - she'd leave. Then I would have several BAD haircuts. The last hairdresser at SuperCuts around 9 months ago - gave me the "haircut from hell." I have short wavy hair - and many hairdressers do not know how to cut my hair. Now I don't have to sit there and wait until the hairdresser is done with other people - I walk into the salon/garage - and it's only me. Safer as well.