Respected Contributor

Hourglass mineral veil primer

I have oily skin at 66 and have had no success with anything to control the oil.  I have tried a lot of primers but did not want to spend the money for this.  I saw they had a very small size for 19.00 so I tried it.  It does live up to the hype.  I can usually feel the oil on my face but with this my makup stays looking good for a long time.  I am retired and don't put on makeup every day so even the small size will last a while.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hourglass mineral veil primer

Dhc Velvet Skin is a great primer for oily skin, not greasy, very matte. Not too expensive, lasts a while.

Valued Contributor

@chiclet I'm glad it worked for you!

I bought some a few weeks ago from Sephora.  I was trying on foundation and the MUA said it was the best in the whole store.  I am kind of on the fence.  I can 'feel' it on my face all day.  I will use it up but I probably wouldn't repurchase. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@chiclet  Of all the primers I have tried I will admit this is the BEST primer.  I have oily skin that dislikes most primers on the market.  Most primers clog my pores or do nothing for me.  I have to say when I need my make-up to be perfect for HOURS (all day) I reach for my Hourglass.  I tiny bit goes a very long way--Thank heavens because the price is...aughghhhhh

Valued Contributor

I love Hourglass mineral veil primer.  I have used it for several years. It is great.

Occasional Contributor

A drug store primer I find very similar is Almay Smart Shade Luminous Primer w/SPF15.

I used to wear Mineral Veil, and I saw a recommendation for the Almay. Works for me anyway. My skin, however is not oily.