Honored Contributor

Re: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. Holy Moly!

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I received a sample with my last order, haven't tried it yet though, but I will now! I love love love Hourglass's eyebrow pencils-the best!!!!!! I have re-ordered them over and over, as they are the best at making the brows look great, but not overdone and they last!

I will definitely check out this primer sample, as I am sure it is great.....I also love their Ambient Light powders as well.....

@CANDLEQUEEN tell me about their Ambient Light powders.  I was looking at those and was wondering are they also setting powders like the Veil setting powder I use?  If not, how are they used?  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I received a sample with my last order, haven't tried it yet though, but I will now! I love love love Hourglass's eyebrow pencils-the best!!!!!! I have re-ordered them over and over, as they are the best at making the brows look great, but not overdone and they last!

I will definitely check out this primer sample, as I am sure it is great.....I also love their Ambient Light powders as well.....

@CANDLEQUEEN tell me about their Ambient Light powders.  I was looking at those and was wondering are they also setting powders like the Veil setting powder I use?  If not, how are they used?  

@Icegoddess I use mine as highlighters, but they could probably be used as a finishing powder, although they do a bit of shimmer to them.....I use very sparingly, and my set has lasted forever, they just give a nice glow. I have combination skin, so would not use as a finishing powder, but if you had dry skin, it may work.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Icegoddess I use mine as highlighters, but they could probably be used as a finishing powder, although they do a bit of shimmer to them.....I use very sparingly, and my set has lasted forever, they just give a nice glow. I have combination skin, so would not use as a finishing powder, but if you had dry skin, it may work.

@CANDLEQUEEN Thanks, sounds a lot like how I use IT Hello Light.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the absolute best primer on the planet, especially used under powder foundations. It dries to a silky powdery feel and so your powder on your foundation brush doesn't get gunky from sticky cream primers. I love it so much I always wait for the sales at Sephora and buy the jumbo size in the tube. If you're a BareMinerals fan or Laura Geller's balance n brighten baked foundation user you should give this a try. I love it under MAC studio fix powder as well. I'm using it with Laura Mercier's mineral powder that I stocked up on when they were on their way to discontinuing it and love it. I totally recommend this primer... only thing I could complain about is that it's expensive, but all Hourglass products are pricey. It's all quality stuff however, so I don't mind the higher price tag. Also, it lasts for a very long time. You don't need much to get good results.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I got the same one as you --- universal sheer!  Thanks for the tip about applying it sparingly!  I have used several elf products in the past and they've been pretty nice, and such a good value.  Thanks for replying! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I used this yesterday for the first time (since my sample).   The stuff is just incredible!  Not only did my makeup stay "just put on fresh" ALL day, when I use my makeup wipe almost 18 hours later (it was a long day!), I had so much makeup on the wipe like I had just put it on Smiley Happy   I didn't use any setting spray. 

Honored Contributor

Ive been using SKINN Orchid Gel primer for a few years and love it. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

@monicakm   Thanks for posting. I am going to give this a try 🙂