Honored Contributor

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. Holy Moly!

Have I just found the world's best primer? Smiley Surprised  I got a sample in a recent Sephora purchase.  A little history...I've been using the Monistat Chafing Gel as my primer for decades!  It worked good and never caused any breakouts.  But, recently with my dry as parchment paper face, it's not been helping matters.  I've never wanted to try a "real" primer for fear I would find that I couldn't live without it and that would just be another expense added to my makeup arsenal.  Fast forward to yesterday and I decided to try the Hourglass Mineral Veil sample.  Rut ro, I'm in trouble!  My makeup was flawless!  Airbrushed!  I could have been on the cover of a beauty magazine LOL   I know the Tatcha day and night moisturizers are helping but this was mostly the primer.  It's incredible.  My full size bottle will be here Friday Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. Holy Moly!

I've never heard of this. Do you have an item number?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Well --- that sounds simply amazing!  Did you get it here!  If so, please print #!  What is price point?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@monicakm @I am glad it worked for you, but I tried it on numerous occasions (samples) and it did nothing for me. I saw no difference when using this product.

Trusted Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

I've never heard of this. Do you have an item number?

@joannecha  You can purchase Hourglass products on Sephora's site. For me, their products are top-notch. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm always up for a great primer. But I have to admit, it will be difficult to find one which tops e.l.f.'s Putty Primer!  That one, so far, is my hg of primers and it's so affordable and it's top-rated by many people who use it. That Putty primer is a dupe for Tatcha's Silk Canvas Balm.

Respected Contributor

Oh the Hourglass Mineral Veil ....... It's a keeper!!
I also LOVE this product. Before mineral veil I never understood why people wear primers.
Then MV came along and my makeup became flawless, it can make any makeup look like the most expensive airbrushed makeup.
My foundation no longer wears unevenly on my combo skin.
I have a flawless face all day.
I am never without my Hourglass MV
Respected Contributor

It's not called Mineral Veil but Veil Mineral.  Very misleading as Mineral Veil is a Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals product. 

Honored Contributor

Just got an email from Laura Geller, coming out with all new and improved Spackles primers. 

I bet you can find Hourglass on ebay if you want to try it. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve used samples of this primer before and it is very good.