Respected Contributor

Re: Hourglass Holiday Collection

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  There are some photo's posted on a few sites for the 2021 Holiday Collection. I have seen the one on the right but not the first one which interests me for sure! Thanks for posting.

I did look on their website but it did not pop up anywhere except for the pallette on the right which is similar to last yrs. Sculpture Edit Pallette which I do have & works well with my skintone which is light to Med. I love the strobe powder because its a subtle sheen highlighter which I prefer.

Respected Contributor

@Jacie I agree & thats why I would not be interested in that one.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  It shows I have been here since 2016 but I left for some years. So, do not take offense to Kat's reply because I've known her for many years & she is a kind hearted woman. I am sure she was just joking. Don't listen to those naysayers. I enjoy your posts & our back & forth banter.

Trusted Contributor

Hourglass palettes are SOO pretty and very expensive.  I have not taken that plunge yet...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MrsCat21  I recently ordered for a xmas gift the Ambient lighting mini Sculpture un-locked quad pallette  for 58.00 if that is in your price range. You can look at it on the hourglass website & click under makeup.They brought it back as a limited edition.They don't carry it in other stores because its was part of a 2020 Holiday Collection that was sold out. Its beautiful & also you may want to go to youtube for the reviews & application. See if those shades apeal to you. There were a few other ones on sale at Sephora but they went quickly. ETA: Free Shipping

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  I do think that Hourglass Blushes are baked & also made in Italy. Mischiato is Italian for mixed. They mxi the color pigments with the ambient powders then bake them. I have 2 separate blushes & also the 2020 Holiday Collection Pallette. The Mood Exposure has a more subtle glow. The Etherial Glow is a pink  sheer & more luminous. But the majority of their blushes do have a subtle glow. Their strobe lighting can also be used on top of the blushes to give them a more luminous glow. Just a beautiful silky product.

I sometimes use Laura Gellar's Pink Grapefruit as a Bronzer with the Etheral Glow on top. Che Bella!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Thank you @Chi-town girl !  How sweet of you to tell me you enjoy my makeup "hauls" and contributions Smiley Happy  I think I handle myself here pretty good (mods don't think so tho.  I've been put in time out 3 times) but thanks for the advice.  I'm here to enjoy talking about makeup and skincare and to learning from others/share my knowledge and don't want to get sideways with anyone.  My makeup buying has slowed way down as I've run out of things to buy (and drawers to put it in).  I did buy some Dior Face and Body Powder No Powder last night tho.  I have the CT powder.  I love it but this one is supposed to have a little bit of a glow and a little glow is all I want so I'm anxious to try it.

@monicakm - I'm looking forward to your holiday makeup finds! Even if I'm not shopping, it's fun to look at new offerings and of course the Beauty Advent calendars. I like to gift some of these specialty items and also treat myself!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@aprilskies 

Just looked on their website.  Wowza, I can pretty well say this palette is going to be out of my tax bracket Smiley Surprised  

@monicakm, Yes, these palettes are quite pricey. The only one I have gotten so far is the metalic strobe lighting palette two years ago maybe. I think that is what it is called. I need to pull that out and use it.  

I havent really used any makeup for quite some time but I like all kinds of looks, color included as long as it is muted - for me.  But, I like the colors on others and think they are fun as long as they are well blended. Sometimes I see women with just streaks of color that I dont find attractive but, you know, whatever floats the boat. 

I love eyeshadow and am a s$cker for palettes, so pretty, but my eyes are small and very deep set so it is not as much fun for me. And I wear glasses, which sometimes is a benefit because when I mess up, it isnt as noticeable. LOL. 

The Norvina 5 palette is also very pretty. 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella 

I've also looked for palette on the left but no luck.  Just a little too early I suppose.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella 

What reply? Smiley Wink  

I'd like to admit to everyone that I may  have over reacted a bit.  I've been thinking about it and whether  @Katcat1 was serious or not, I should have known better to react like I did.  I apologize.  I've been on message boards for far too long and moderated several.  Jumping to conclusions and over reacting to comments of typed words is a newbie mistake I will do my best not to do again.