Valued Contributor

Re: Hot and Flashy Holy grail chanel foundation.....

Angie has said she has oily skin and it probably why it works or her. If you have dry skin, or even normal skin her HG foundation probably won't work for you. Its way to matte and dry textured for my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

Makeup that works on some people doesn't work on me either. I have normalized skin after menopause but I used to have very oily and acne prone skin through my 40s and early 50s. 

One of the L'Oreal BB creams that changes color on your skin Angie Hot & Flashy likes to use as a makeup primer in the summer. The L'Oreal BB cream didn't work for me, in fact it left white dots in my pores. I do like watching her youtube channel and I do like the sunscreen Australian Gold tinted and the untinted mineral sunscreens by themselves or under foundation that she's recommended but not everything works for me either.

I do appreciate when Angie says that a product has fragrance as that is generally a deal breaker as I don't like scented foundations.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching Angie's videos as she has a nice way about her, but, I can't really follow her routines, as to me, it is too time consuming and she uses a lot of products and steps as just her usual every day routine.  I can't and don't want to do that!!!  

I also can't and won't spend $50 or more on a foundation.  I see nothing wrong with that if you don't mind spending that much and the product does the job for you.  But, I enjoy switching and changing makeup a lot and it would be too expensive if I spent that much on each product.  

I like the feel of the BB and CC creams, too, although generally speaking they don't have as much coverage as I would like.  But on certain spots I just use a bit of concealer.  For me lately the overall look is better than with regular foundation.  Maybe it's the cold weather and the heating that is kind of dehydrating my skin a bit more or maybe it's age --- beats me. But the BB and CC creams seem to make my skin not show all the little lines, etc. as much.  I like PF and Cover Girl ones.  They're nice and don't cost a lot.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been using and loving the Chanel Lumiere Velvet for about 3 years now. For the record, I am 61 with skin that is oily in my T-zone and normal on my cheeks.

I generally put on sunscreen and let it set while I blow dry my hair (wash in my morning shower every morning). Then I apply the foundation. I dot it in several places on my face and use a favorite brush to spread around. This is a light coverage foundation with one layer, which is what I prefer as I like to even out my complexion without hiding my freckles. If you added more foundation you would get medium coverage.

I let my foundation dry while I apply my eye makeup, then I set my T-zone with my favorite powder. I do have to blot my T-zone several times during the day, but I have to do that regardless of which foundation I am using. The foundation itself lasts all day and doesn't irritate my skin or oxidize and change colors. I have experimented with other foundations through the years, and this Chanel formula remains my most beloved.

Respected Contributor

@dakotacheryl wrote:

I have been using and loving the Chanel Lumiere Velvet for about 3 years now. For the record, I am 61 with skin that is oily in my T-zone and normal on my cheeks.

I generally put on sunscreen and let it set while I blow dry my hair (wash in my morning shower every morning). Then I apply the foundation. I dot it in several places on my face and use a favorite brush to spread around. This is a light coverage foundation with one layer, which is what I prefer as I like to even out my complexion without hiding my freckles. If you added more foundation you would get medium coverage.

I let my foundation dry while I apply my eye makeup, then I set my T-zone with my favorite powder. I do have to blot my T-zone several times during the day, but I have to do that regardless of which foundation I am using. The foundation itself lasts all day and doesn't irritate my skin or oxidize and change colors. I have experimented with other foundations through the years, and this Chanel formula remains my most beloved.

What kind of sunscreen do you use?

Trusted Contributor

I’m another one that disliked this foundation, in fact I don’t really like anything she likes so I stopped watching her🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I use this:   

Obagi  Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50

from Dermstore.com

A pea sized amount does my face, neck and what ever's left I rub on the backs of my hands.

Most sunscreens leave me way too slick, but this one does not.

Respected Contributor

@dakotacheryl wrote:

I use this:   

Obagi  Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50

from Dermstore.com

A pea sized amount does my face, neck and what ever's left I rub on the backs of my hands.

Most sunscreens leave me way too slick, but this one does not.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I will check into this one.  I hate everyone I have tried with foundation.

Contributor

I've been using IT CC cream for years & am noting my skin looks texted & takes a while for my oils to work with IT CC cream. I like maybellines foundations.
I am thinking of trying C.Y.O foundation. Anyone try it?
Respected Contributor

@MonsterMomster wrote:
I've been using IT CC cream for years & am noting my skin looks texted & takes a while for my oils to work with IT CC cream. I like maybellines foundations.
I am thinking of trying C.Y.O foundation. Anyone try it?

@MonsterMomster I  haven't tried C.Y.O. foundation but I saw Pampered Wolf review it on YouTube and she loved it. Let us know how you like it, if you decide to try it.

Btw, I don't know your skin type but she did say this foundation leaves a "dewey" finish and might not suit those with oily skin.