Frequent Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I have the original version of the Hot Tools blow dry brush and love it. However, these tools by their design can be very damaging. I would never use one of these every day. I don’t dry my hair completely with one. I either let it dry naturally or rough dry with a conventional dryer until it’s 80% or so dry, then finish it with the blow dry brush. Also, a good heat protectant is important. My hair is fine and color treated and may be more prone to damage so your mileage may vary.

The Hot Tools line is generally very nice quality. The TSV is a very good price for it. I’m considering an upgrade.

Did you have any issues with static in your hair?  I've used similar products that have produced a lot of static which defeats the purpose of styling my hair. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
I put too much product in my hair to get static.
Honored Contributor

I just ordered this. I have the revlon version and like it but having a smaller barrel for shorter layers would be nice. It can pull on hair and cause hair loss so I only use it twice a week to minimize damage. 
Topcashback has a 10% rebate if you go through them. 

Respected Contributor

Over 10 yers ago I purchased a Hot Tool air brush from my hairdresser after she used it on my hair.  She owned her own salon and I guess she bought several or teamed up with Hot Tools.  I paid about $120.  I know, a lot of money.  Even more so that long ago.  Months after buying it from her, I saw one in a salon at the mall for $40.  I could of kicked myself.  The most recent one I got was from Sally's for about $45.  Anyway.....I still buy them.  I like them, they last a long time.  The TSV did catch my eye because it was a Hot Tool.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Too many attachments for me. I would only use one, maybe two of them.

ETA - I already have the Revlon One-Step and I love it. The only reason why I would want the TSV would be for the smaller barrel but not for that price.

getting it as a backup for the Revlon one-step which I love 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hot Tools TSV

[ Edited ]

JCP has a (detachable)

Hot Tools One Step Volumizer Small Head Hair Dryer for $54 (was $90)...Black Friday Deal.

Hot Tools One Step Volumizer Small Head Hair Dryer

Respected Contributor
It’s $40 at Ulta. Each head is also $40. In that regard, the TSV is a very good value.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
It’s $40 at Ulta. Each head is also $40. In that regard, the TSV is a very good value.

Thank you @RollTide2008 . $40 is a good price. The TSV is also a good value, too, but only if you're going to use all of those attachments. I'm only interested in the small head attachment. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

ETA - I already have the Revlon One-Step and I love it. The only reason why I would want the TSV would be for the smaller barrel but not for that price.

Revlon has a new one step volumizer plus. The brush is detachable and has ceramic titanium tourmaline. The brush is 2.4" head size.  I had the older one and bought this one. I got it from Target. It costs $69.99. I do like it better. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hot Tools TSV

[ Edited ]

@elated wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Revlon has a new one step volumizer plus. The brush is detachable and has ceramic titanium tourmaline. The brush is 2.4" head size.  I had the older one and bought this one. I got it from Target. It costs $69.99. I do like it better. 

That new Revlon one sounds really good. Are there other attachments sold separately for it? @elated