Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have two electric hot round brushes. My sister was thinking about getting the Revlon one. So my sister and I thought you use it on wet hair kind of like a blow dryer with a brush attachment. Her daughter, my niece says we're wrong, you dry your hair till almost dry, then use it. Have I been doing it wrong, I don't have time to use two appliances on my hair, I have been drying my hair with my blow dryer and a round brush? So what do you think, use it on wet or nearly dry hair?

I have the Revlon brush and I am totally In Love with the gadget.  I bought the brush on a whim when I saw it 'on sale' on Amazon - which was posted on the New York Post.

You wait until your hair is 80 percent dry before you section off your hair and proceed to drying.  I have long hair.  It take approximately 8 to 10 minutes to dry.  Start at the roots.  I cry the bottom section then hit the top sections.

Trusted Contributor

I have a l'ange dryer brush and like others, use it when my hair is almost dry.  I let it air dry and then put styling product on.  I love it!  I have wavy fine hair and when I want it smooth, it's so much easier than using a regular dryer and brush.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have used mine both ways.  Sometimes as a dryer and styler. Sometimes on dry hair. My hair is fine.  If I use a hair dryer first, part of my hair will be fully dry. I can't control it like that.  I could air dry part way and that has worked but I don't always have time management like that.  LOL

I don't think there are any rules. Try what your daughter suggested and see which works better for your hair.  

Respected Contributor

I received the Revlon brush for Christmas and I have only been using it on towel-dried hair (not 80% dry.)  It does a great job of getting my hair really smooth but hasn't helped much with the volume.  Maybe I will try it with hair more dry!

I have long hair and it dries just about as fast with this brush as it does with the regular dryer.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have two electric hot round brushes. My sister was thinking about getting the Revlon one. So my sister and I thought you use it on wet hair kind of like a blow dryer with a brush attachment. Her daughter, my niece says we're wrong, you dry your hair till almost dry, then use it. Have I been doing it wrong, I don't have time to use two appliances on my hair, I have been drying my hair with my blow dryer and a round brush? So what do you think, use it on wet or nearly dry hair?

@Jordan2  I have a Revlon One Step and I do exactly what your niece suggests.  I use a regular blow dryer to dry my hair until it is almost dry then I use the One Step to finish drying as well as straighten and smooth my hair.