Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts that sell beauty products

I know some of the vendors have had work, but I can't think of a host who looks like they had work done.  Maybe the OP can provide a hint?

Honored Contributor

This topic is more boring than any repeated TSV!

I see no reason any host cannot sell products as long as they don't make false claims about their own face.

Topical lotions and potions deal with "the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles? and we hear that repeatedly no matter who is presenting, no matter the shopping channel or the department store.

You want more than "appearance."?   Science hasn't gotten there yet - even though it's way better than it was when I turned 50 or even 60. Still, only needles or surgery will give me more than a few hours of my youth!

Lots of my friends have had either major cosmetic surgery or minor tweaks.  They all use lotions and potions still, probably more than they did prior to their surgery.  Why?   That new face still requires basic treatment and still they want to find their best face without more surgery or regular visits for more fillers..

Respected Contributor

Do you not understand that the hosts are there to present an sell a product and providing any information they can.  Their personal lives and beauty routines are just that - personal.  What comes out of a hosts mouth should be taken with a grain of salt.  If they say they use a product, well maybe they do.  That's not to say they did or did not have surgery.  People that have surgery often will continue to use some type of product.  The surgery does not replace the product.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In this day of hi-definition and the scrutiny that TV and Movie people have to go through, the pressure is on to look good. If our career depended on looks, who knows what any of us might do!

Hosts and vendors are there to sell a product and hopefully look good doing so! Some do better than others!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

I had a facelift 10 years ago.  That doesn't mean you have to stop taking of your skin.  You still need skincare even if you've had a procedure of some kind! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jacie wrote:

In this day of hi-definition and the scrutiny that TV and Movie people have to go through, the pressure is on to look good. If our career depended on looks, who knows what any of us might do!

Hosts and vendors are there to sell a product and hopefully look good doing so! Some do better than others!

@Jacie

BINGO !!!    People (women, especially) are so quick to criticize those that have to depend on the appearance of their faces and figures to get work, but have never walked that path.     The competition ... and pressure ...  is incredible.  

Comparing skin care results to plastic surgery results is like comparing apples and oranges.   Each has its place ... and can accomplish different things.

Esteemed Contributor

I only would like to add - the cosmetic surgeons have a line, or even couple of skin care lines, they are SELLING in their office. In that same clinic they are doing cosmetic surgeries every day.

And believe me, doctors are not advising their patients to use this skincare INSTEAD of a surgery! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I agree with the majority here. I did wonder whether the OP meant "vendors" and not "hosts," but either way, I don't see the problem.

As for Noxzema, I'd not advise it for ANY age or type of skin. Here are the ingredients:

Water, Stearic Acid, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed)Oil (Linseed), Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Camphor, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Eugenol, Carbomer, Linalool, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Gelatin, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnama

That cool, tingly sensation comes from menthol and probably camphor as well -- both are irritants. Add eucalyptus oil, eugenol, linalool, and limone to that list of irritants as well.

It's a very poor formula for your skin.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

@Jacie

BINGO !!!    People (women, especially) are so quick to criticize those that have to depend on the appearance of their faces and figures to get work, but have never walked that path.     The competition ... and pressure ...  is incredible.  

Comparing skin care results to plastic surgery results is like comparing apples and oranges.   Each has its place ... and can accomplish different things.

I agree.  The competition is fierce. I don't know that I could work in an industry where every wrinkle is criticized.  But, the funny part is, if someone that had wrinkles and sagging skin was trying to sell a moisturizer, who would buy it?