Contributor

Hosts that sell beauty products

I just don't understand why certain hosts try to sell beauty products and obviously have had face work done.   Isn't that rather dishonest?  I realize they want to stay as young looking as possible but the products they are presenting are not what has truly helped them. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Hosts that sell beauty products

Fair warning, this has been discussed quite a few times on these boards and opinions are all over the place.  Be prepared to get blasted by those who have a vendor crush.

Contributor

Thank you for the warning.  I tried to find posts on the subject but must of looked in the wrong place.  I was just aware that it is difficult to try and find an honest product.  Some did comment that if any of these products worked there wouldn't be a need for so many!  How true!  : )

Honored Contributor

I don't think beauty products and face lifts/cosmetic surgery are the same things.  If you really believe something you put on your face will be equivalent of plastic surgery I have a bridge you'll love.  Cosmetics might help the look of your skin, but they can't lift sagging or get rid of wrinkles you might or might not have.

Esteemed Contributor

@rvmom wrote:

I just don't understand why certain hosts try to sell beauty products and obviously have had face work done.   Isn't that rather dishonest?  I realize they want to stay as young looking as possible but the products they are presenting are not what has truly helped them. 

@rvmom- I don't think it's an issue but it depends on their claims.  If the person states, they achieved their skin condition by the product alone, that's dishonest.   But, having had some plastic surgery, the plastic surgeon stressed the importance of good skin care after, limited sun exposure and the use of sunblock....instructions for everyone, not just those who have plastic surgery.  To use a good product after plastic surgery, is even more important, tho.   I don't think I have heard anyone make false claims.  There are some products you can use on your face that reduce fine lines, temporarily but nothing gives you back elasticity related to age nor can it be done permanently and for the rest of your life.  I think the audience is savvy enough to understand that.  If your eyelids droop, I don't think one would expect a topical product to treat the condition.  People selling beauty products, try to maintain their appearance because it is just good business.  Would you buy a product if the person's face was not in good condition?  It is us who assume the person looks as they do because of a product.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • I agree with @Sooner and @stray.  I don't think cosmetics will make a face look like you had cosmetic surgery.  It doesn't matter to me if a host had surgery.  It's not like everything works 100% of the time for 100% of the people.  Use what works best on you.
Esteemed Contributor

Lol! Even if one had a cosmetic surgery done, they still will need a skin care!

Contributor

Well I guess in my old age I am very naive.  I am going to keep my many lines as a badge of honor and go back to my youthful product of noxema. Maybe I should have used that all these years.  : )  At least it is very moisturizing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I don't think beauty products and face lifts/cosmetic surgery are the same things.  If you really believe something you put on your face will be equivalent of plastic surgery I have a bridge you'll love.  Cosmetics might help the look of your skin, but they can't lift sagging or get rid of wrinkles you might or might not have.

@Sooner You are so right. I have a few friends/family who had face lifts. It gets rid of the excess skin, which is wonderful! Although it made them look better, it did not affect the texture of the skin. So they still use beauty products to help with a clear complexion, etc.

Also, a face lift is not forever. Gravity takes over once again. I know one gal who has maintained a great uplifted look after 15 years of the surgery. But another gal's lift only lasted seven years before she had a touchup. Think it has to do with the age you start having face lifts, genetics, the experience of the doctor, your health, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a difference between the position of the skin and caring for the condition of the skin.  

I'd like to know who the OP thinks had work.  I've seen some of the hosts in close-ups, in HD, and I'm not observing the same thing.