Esteemed Contributor
On 7/18/2014 conniebird said:

I agree...the best looking nails seem to be the natural ones. Nancy Hornbeck has lovely nails. She is a beautiful woman & is so easy to watch....no screaming at us etc. I won't mention who I think has horrible nails...don't want to offend her.....large, fake, square nails...always look awful. Fake everything!

Ita, also find the fake nails look dirty..ugh!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I just checked the video; the host put pink gel coat on the 2 bare nails. They were not raggedy. She removed the polish for her demonstration.

I do not know who the host is.

Honored Contributor
On 7/18/2014 Krimpette said:

The worst I've seen was the noon show today. The host was showing a watch, so there was a close-up of her hands. Her nails had a taupe-y color polish on the nails….except two were bare and ragged. Maybe she explained the condition of her nails early in the show, but I just tuned in. Her hands looked absolutely dreadful. Hard to believe there was no time to improve the look of her hands before going on the air.

Updated to note that she is now applying the gel coat. However, the nails still looked dirty underneath. Surely, she could have waited until the presentation to remove polish and then apply the gel coat.

I just saw the video....I totally agree. The host should've waited to remove the nail polish right be fire the polish presentation. Removing nail polish takes, oh, 4 seconds to do? She mentioned 'there's a reason why I have 2 I painted nails. Don't call in'.....so if you have to say that, then yeah, it's not right. So disappointed with the quality of the presentations these days. Believe me....if you were in a department store shopping for watches & the clerk was unpolished because she had "something later", we would all be shaking our heads. Why it is ok for TV? Cuz it's not!

New Contributor

I work at a desk and computer with the public all day and I take pride in the way my hands look. The hosts should do the same. I think the worst set of fingernails I've seen was this past Wednesday night during Gem Day and Rick Domier. They were cracked, split skin everywhere. He definitely should NOT have been doing a jewelry show. Or he should have been given a professional men's manicure. I also don't care for the square nails.

Honored Contributor

Actually I think if you have to put out a disclaimer that there is a reason you have 2 unpolished nails so don't call in, that's an indication as to how ridiculous some of the viewers are. Who in their right mind would actually call QVC, write on a hosts' FB page or on Q's page to talk about a host's 2 unpolished nails? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor
On 7/18/2014 lulu2 said:

I just checked the video; the host put pink gel coat on the 2 bare nails. They were not raggedy. She removed the polish for her demonstration.

I do not know who the host is.

Kerstin.

Honored Contributor
On 7/18/2014 sissytorres said:

I work at a desk and computer with the public all day and I take pride in the way my hands look. The hosts should do the same. I think the worst set of fingernails I've seen was this past Wednesday night during Gem Day and Rick Domier. They were cracked, split skin everywhere. He definitely should NOT have been doing a jewelry show. Or he should have been given a professional men's manicure. I also don't care for the square nails.

Just for grins I viewed Rick's presentations. Holy Sheet! Hangnails. Rough cut nails. Calluses on the knuckles (little finger). Gross. Gross. Gross. And he was showing not just $300 rings, but $5,000 bracelets!!! Ick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Valued Contributor

I think Colleen is the gold standard when it comes to hosts' grooming. Her hair is always immaculate, her make up is perfect and her hands groomed. She is age appropriate. Her make up looks lady like, no outlines screaming on her lips or eyebrows. She looks and acts her age and her focus is on the item she's presenting, not on making herself the object.

Honored Contributor

I agree....wish the Q would have Colleen & Sandra....that would be the perfect 'Dream Team'!!

Honored Contributor
On 7/18/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Actually I think if you have to put out a disclaimer that there is a reason you have 2 unpolished nails so don't call in, that's an indication as to how ridiculous some of the viewers are. Who in their right mind would actually call QVC, write on a hosts' FB page or on Q's page to talk about a host's 2 unpolished nails? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

You must be new here. Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland