Honored Contributor

This is one of those trends that women are going to look back on and say "What was I thinking?"

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts drama eyebrows

[ Edited ]

Naturally thick brows here, very dark when hair was dark, then when stopped coloring hair, brows lost melanin, too and are medium brown. 

Brow makeup should look like a shadow behind the brow hairs to appear the most natural. I like to do this with a soft pencil or eye shadow. Every palette has a few taupe/brown shades that will work well. Add brow gel, clear or w/ with colored fibers (I like Benefit Gimme Brow) for a natural, groomed look. 

Trusted Contributor

i think i know who and what your talking about. my sister and i saw the same thing. yes, shes beautiful, but oh those eyebrows were too much.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@hondagirl   "Mask brows". Many women have figured since brows/eyes are only parts of face showing w/ a mask, are overdoing the brow thing. I see the Instagram brow making a comeback. Drugstore and high end brow products are returning to gels, pomades, etc. Just plain NO. 

@Shanus I have very sparse brows and no tails thanks to thyroid disease, but I can't use a pencil.  I'm glad drugstores have pomades since that is what I like to use.  I have the Maybelline Tattoo Studio pomade in Auburn.  I go for a very natural brow.  You've seen the pics.  It's all about the application method. 

Honored Contributor

It's definitely a look for some women now and I would say younger women.  I could not see this 70 year old gal with those eyebrows.  Heaven help us.  I still have a lot of hair for my eyebrows but there are a few sparce places which I use a eyebrow pencil to color in.

I actually bought the eyebrow item that looks like mascara and sent it back.  It was suppose to be for your eyebrows and your roots.  I would say it is better off for your roots.  Way too wet for brows IMO.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I have noticed some hosts with overly done eyebrows.  But tonight Rachael is on with no eyebrows at all.  She usely over does the eye shadow.  

I have seen MANY men on QVC and elsewhere who dye their hair (as they age) but forget about their eyebrows,   The darker the hair dye, the more noticable it is,  It is very apparent and not in a good way.  

Trusted Contributor

I had thicker, heavy brows when I was in my 20's and plucked them (not over plucking, but still) to be in style.  Now, 60's, my brows are sparse but the hair that is left gets long!!!!! 😂. And now I get hair on my eyelids!  😂.  I trim, pluck the low ones, and use a Benefit brow gel on what is left.  Sigh.  I know, First World Problems.  😀

Honored Contributor

Its the "in" thing in make up today among a lot of younger women.  This too shall pass.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)