Honored Contributor

Is this look new since they've been doing their own on camera make-up?  If so, maybe they were told to exaggerate for the camera and are overdoing it?

Respected Contributor

I'm another one that doesn't like the current trend of big, drawn on brows.  I don't like it when it's the first and only thing you notice about someone.  

Respected Contributor

I know it's everywhere now. My husband even notices. Not my thing unless you have natural thick ones. 

Esteemed Contributor

I recall when Brooke Shields' dark bushy eyebrow look was all the rage, and people considered her to be BEAUTIFUL with them. I also think of some of the classic cinema icons, like Joan Crawford. She was a very dark, drawn on eyebrow trendsetter as well.😊

This look is just today's standard of beauty.😊🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Well as the world of beauty is always spinning around some things manage to find their way back into vogue.  Right now heavy brows are quite in.  I like a bold brow, but try to keep the color close to my hair color.  I know many with light hair colors don't want light brows, so they have to opt for darker than hair color brows.  I suppose those who can't embrace it will stay away from it no matter how hard the beauty industry pushes it.   

Esteemed Contributor

And then are 2 hosts, one is a brunette and one is a blond, who have very very highly arched eyebrows, kind of like that one IT rep whose name escapes me at the moment. 

Valued Contributor

Full brows have been popular for awhile now.  I have read that it is a sign of youth.  Could be that is why some women have gone for the look.  To me, it just looks somewhat harsh, but to each her own.  

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA, you made me laugh out loud.

"big furry dark eyebrows" 

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

And then are 2 hosts, one is a brunette and one is a blond, who have very very highly arched eyebrows, kind of like that one IT rep whose name escapes me at the moment. 

All the "stray" hairs I ever plucked were under, not above, so I enhance my brows accordingly. I do not care for that highly arched look, which to me is unnatural and clownish looking.

My high school graduation advice to my DGD was to leave her natural brows alone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts drama eyebrows

[ Edited ]

@hondagirl   "Mask brows". Many women have figured since brows/eyes are only parts of face showing w/ a mask, are overdoing the brow thing. I see the Instagram brow making a comeback. Drugstore and high end brow products are returning to gels, pomades, etc. Just plain NO.