Super Contributor

I am not picking on any particular female hosts but who does their eyebrows.... OMG they are either so dark, huge or look fake...  My eyebrows are very scarce and just a touch of something gives a soft glow.... What am I missing???

Super Contributor

I think so many have gone this route.....I hate the look....way too fake for my taste.

Respected Contributor

I am another who really hates the look of big, thick drawn-on eyebrows.  I definitely think a natural look is best.

Honored Contributor

There's a woman I know that when you are close enough to her - you can see that her eyebrows are actually drawn/painted on her face.  You don't see any actual eyebrow hair.  It could be a result of illness - but she does have a normal head of hair.

From a distance - looks okay - but up close really odd.

I don't like the look of big furry dark eyebrows for myself - I just add a bt of brown eyeshadow on the brow to cover the white hairs.

Honored Contributor

I think the stenciled eyebrow look is "in" these days.  Not my cup of tea.  The other "in" thing seems to be noticeably fake eyebrows (and I'm not necessarily talking about hosts).  One of the hosts on ET wears extremely fake looking lashes.  

Valued Contributor

I am someone who doesn't care what other women's eyebrows look like. If they like it is all that matters. 

Honored Contributor

The Groucho Marx look.

Onetime Los Angeles Home of Groucho Marx Lists - WSJ

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts drama eyebrows

[ Edited ]

I think it does seem to be a trend these days. That and false eyelashes and dark eyeliner so the eye ends up looking black from far away or on camera when not done well.

I don't like that look either.

I end up getting distracted by the look and trying not to keep looking at the eyebrows annd I'm sure that is not what people intend.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

There's a woman I know that when you are close enough to her - you can see that her eyebrows are actually drawn/painted on her face.  You don't see any actual eyebrow hair.  It could be a result of illness - but she does have a normal head of hair.

From a distance - looks okay - but up close really odd.

I don't like the look of big furry dark eyebrows for myself - I just add a bt of brown eyeshadow on the brow to cover the white hairs.

@ALRATIBA  I have a family member who lost her eyebrows. Doctor doesn't know why. She doesn't pencil them in. She has freckles so it's not real noticeable.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts drama eyebrows

[ Edited ]

Had cancer and got chemo, lost ALL my hair and learned how to draw on my brows and got very good at it and they looked great.. got my brows back but still need to tweak them. Not a fan of the heavy brows but whatever floats your boat!!!! what I think looks awful are brows that are too dark for the haircolor you have--Lisa R did that and always thought it looked odd--first thing you saw on her face were those dark, dark brows.

am adding to my post--it takes alot of practice and talent, IMHO, to be able to draw on believable brows. and the right brow stuff too--had great luck with IT Univeral brow pencil but now I love Benefits brow pencil.