Esteemed Contributor

I will be going in April for jaw surgery. I have no idea what to take. It's going to be for maybe two nights. I think I might get the puddle jumper by lug. Probably will take a book and a magazine. Maybe just some face wipes and a moisturizer. But defintly some comfy clothes. 

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@TrixI'm glad that you are feeling betterHeart Blessings of good health for youHeart

My husband and I have had many health issues. Some have sent us to the ER.

For years now, I have a bag packed, one for my husband and one for me. They are just overnight bags but have all the things we might need including our medications for a few days. Those I changed out once a month if we don't use them.

The week of Christmas, I husband got very sick and had to have surgery. When we go to the hospital, I take both of our bags (we live 60 miles from our home to the hospital). In case there was something that came up and I needed to stay all night. Which we have had to do sometimes. Our hospital in Springfield has a hotel across the street and connected to the hospital with an over the street covered walkway.

And now even when we go on trips, I take an extra suitcase for each of us, which I leave in the car. Since one never knows what may happen.

I know this is a long post but I hope it might help someone. Of course, it is different if you live in the same city as the hospital. But I know that any time we have to make a quick trip to the ER, I won't have to drive home to get what we need.

@VenturaHighway  Wow, that's a long way to the hospital. I'm about 5minutes from one and 15-20 minutes from about 5. Good idea to be prepared!

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Reba055, I've hesitated to order Giuliana's pants because I don't usually get a great fit from TV pants.  I glad the price for these was low enough that even if they didn't work out I would have not cried over donating them new.  That said, I've found a TV brand which offers pants that fit me.  I wear a numerical 0/00, and the way these are cut the 0 works well.  I really should buy any color left in 0.

@Trix Oh boy. I used to wear size zero (15 years ago lol). That's hard to find. You're right, probably should stock up!  

Esteemed Contributor

@VenturaHighway, I like your idea for those who experience health issues which sometimes require emergency hospitalization to keep a bag packed for that purpose.  Fortunately, I live about 10 minutes from my preferred hospital and was driven to there by a visiting relative. We may have our share of problems in inner city Chicago, but fine medical facitities throughout the city is not one of them.  Since I lived so nearby, it was not a travel time inconvenience for the relative to go back to my home and throw some things into an empty Vera Bradley backpack (which I keep in the hall closet).