Respected Contributor

@Trix ~ So glad to hear your better.  I wish you a speedy recovery and health, happiness and peace for 2017.

Trusted Contributor

Glad you're on the road to recovery Trixx! I always enjoy your posts. Best wishes.

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. 

@Reba055, I ordered those Guiliana pants and the matching hi-lo tank a couple of weeks ago.  Both were delievered last week while I was gone, but finding a package to open was better than cut flowers for this sick old lady.  The outfit cost $25 (free s& h) which is cheaper than a bouquet of flowers.  

@Trix. Nice!!

Honored Contributor

@Trix  Happy to know you're home and on the mend. You skin had a nice rest from makeup, but you chose just the right products for a little pampering.  🌷

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hospital Beauty Regimen

[ Edited ]

@Reba055 wrote:

Glad you are on the way to recovery. I have already broken my (halfa$$) rule to cut back. I have way too much stuff!  

Couldn't resist some of the deals at HSN today. Anyone interested. G by guiliana gabardine pants that she presented for the Alice through The Looking Glass special are marked down to $9.99. There was still a big selection a few hours ago. 

I'll start again tomorrow. Just have to stop looking, lol. 

Reba..I  have 4 or 5 of those pants..the gabardine material is fabulous..you'll be very happy. I got the blue, black lace, english garden ( my fav) the light pink and the blue flowered one! They all fit perfectly and true to size! I have many of her faux leather jackets..most of them were only $29..they have amazing sales..Guiliana and Marla Wynne are my fav designers at HSN..! xox

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm so glad to report that while I not feeling up for a week of skiing in Colorado, I am feeling better.  After what I've been through just feeling alert, and be able to keep my eyes open for more than a brief period is a blessing.  

Respected Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

Glad you are on the way to recovery. I have already broken my (halfa$$) rule to cut back. I have way too much stuff!  

Couldn't resist some of the deals at HSN today. Anyone interested. G by guiliana gabardine pants that she presented for the Alice through The Looking Glass special are marked down to $9.99. There was still a big selection a few hours ago. 

Reba..I  have 4 or 5 of those pants..the gabardine material is fabulous..you'll be very happy. I got the blue, black lace, english garden ( my fav) the light pink and the blue flowered one! They all fit perfectly and true to size! I have many of her faux leather jackets..most of them were only $29..they have amazing sales..Guiliana and Marla Wynne are my fav designers at HSN..! xox

@emmysmom Great!  I got the English garden, black lace, and the red with the black (forget what it's called). I went back and ordered another size just in case otherwise they will be sold out if it doesn't fit. I don't know why I've never ordered her pants. I know her boyfriend jeans are supposed to be great. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@emmysmom Great!  I got the English garden, black lace, and the red with the black (forget what it's called). I went back and ordered another size just in case otherwise they will be sold out if it doesn't fit. I don't know why I've never ordered her pants. I know her boyfriend jeans are supposed to be great. 

@Reba055 wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

I ordered her boyfriend jeans with the embellishment..little clovers stiched all over..should get them tomorrow..they're $49, but G said they will be the next BIG thing in denim..starting around $300 and going up from there..lol. I love eveything I've gotten from her, esp, the moto jackets..can't wait till she's on again! I will be watching her Sunday and the Golden Globes! Hope you're post when u get your pants!!! xox

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hospital Beauty Regimen

[ Edited ]

@Reba055, I've hesitated to order Giuliana's pants because I don't usually get a great fit from TV pants.  I glad the price for these was low enough that even if they didn't work out I would have not cried over donating them new.  That said, I've found a TV brand which offers pants that fit me.  I wear a numerical 0/00, and the way these are cut the 0 works well.  I really should buy any color left in 0.

Respected Contributor

@TrixI'm glad that you are feeling betterHeart Blessings of good health for youHeart

My husband and I have had many health issues. Some have sent us to the ER.

For years now, I have a bag packed, one for my husband and one for me. They are just overnight bags but have all the things we might need including our medications for a few days. Those I changed out once a month if we don't use them.

The week of Christmas, I husband got very sick and had to have surgery. When we go to the hospital, I take both of our bags (we live 60 miles from our home to the hospital). In case there was something that came up and I needed to stay all night. Which we have had to do sometimes. Our hospital in Springfield has a hotel across the street and connected to the hospital with an over the street covered walkway.

And now even when we go on trips, I take an extra suitcase for each of us, which I leave in the car. Since one never knows what may happen.

I know this is a long post but I hope it might help someone. Of course, it is different if you live in the same city as the hospital. But I know that any time we have to make a quick trip to the ER, I won't have to drive home to get what we need.