Valued Contributor

Re: Horror to think about paying til June

I do not like easy pay at all for that reason.  I don't use it.  I can see if you wanted one larger ticket item, it would make it more affordable but honestly, if you shop at at the Q a lot it does not make any difference if you are paying in full for some things every month, or paying off a bunch of different things every month--it's going to be the same price except much more difficult to keep track of with easy pay, especially if you return some things, etc. 

I never use it and they always hawk it like they are giving us a 'deal'.  I would MUCH prefer free shipping. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I agree, and used to use EZPay all the time.  I now use rebate sites, my credit card, pay in full and get points. I find that QVC is rarely competitive in pricing anymore.  They have some unique items but I usually wait for clearance or as is pricing.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree -- I used EZ Pay once years ago on a Dr. Denese set.  I used up all the products within one month, but still had to pay for them for 3 more months.  I hated making payments on something that was long gone.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I tend to use easy pay to get something I might not otherwise have the money to buy now. Just recently, I paid off all my EZ pays except three and they are the most expensive ones. I never let things go all the way out the full time if I can avoid it. Without EZ pay though, I would buy less. I love it!

Trusted Contributor

I agree that it can get out of hand if you don't pay attention to what you're doing.  All of these days of 6 easy pays is so tempting...  I must admit that I have a few things that I ordered for myself with the 5 or 6 easy pays.  They are small amounts, so I don't think I will have a problem keeping up with the deductions. 

I see what some are saying about paying for an item long after it's gone.  That went through my mind as well, so I was sure to order things that I would still be enjoying while I'm paying for them. 

Everyone has a budget and has to do what works for them.  There is no right or wrong way when it comes to using the easy pay.  I have used it for large and small purchases.  It helps people get the things they want without going broke all in one shot.  They go broke over time.  LOL

Respected Contributor

Buy that Christmas Ham in December and pay for it until June.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I never use easy pay anymore. That is over for me.I don't have the time to keep track of it and I buy less.
Honored Contributor

Easy pay is a GOTCHA gimmick.  I got sucked up into it at first and  figured out it is no great deal at all. Now I know what I owe...pay off everything each month. No more easy pay for me.

Best to just pay for purchases in full....if you do not want to pay for it in full...do not buy it.   I am sure many people have bought more than they should because of easy pays....yes....easy to over spend.