Regular Contributor

Horror to think about paying til June

With all the offers of 5 or 6 monthly payments, so easy to order more. But I find I really hate looking at the bills 3 and more months down the road. I know for sure I don’t want to be still paying for December purchases in June! I just sent back a bunch of stuff I bought on impulse! But I am paying more each month to get it all paid off sooner.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Horror to think about paying til June

I have quit doing easy pay. I have purchased enough from QVC (to date although I'm getting disappointed in them more and more), that it's frankly impossible to keep track of whether the payments are correct or not unless you do it as a full time job. I did like it because if I wanted to return a higher dollar item, the entire price hadn't gone on my credit card yet, but it's not worth it any longer. It's pretty much QVC's only advantage anymore as far as I'm concerned.

Honored Contributor

I know how you feel. I try to pay mine off sooner than the 5 or 6 month mark. But at least there is still the option to have more time to pay and sometimes I need it, especially this time of year. I usually try to get things in order before tax time rolls around. 

Honored Contributor

@CHEX.  You can access your account online and pay those Easy Pays off anytime that suits you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I never use more than 3 easy pays, but, at least the option is there if needed!

Honored Contributor

I love Easy Pay, I can buy any item I want and pay in full, but why would I when I can pay a 6th of it every month. It's all a matter of how you perceive things.

Respected Contributor

I personally have never used easy pay. I think it is a really good option for people that want or need a big ticket item. The problem I see with it if you purchase a lot of things using easy pay is that you end up with a large payment for months because all those easy pays add up. I think a lot of people are shocked when they get their statement and they see how much they owe. I would not want to be paying off presents for months to come.

Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan of easy pay.  If I can't pay for it all at once, I don't buy it until I can, or not at all.  Just my way.

Esteemed Contributor

A positive about EP is that it lets me try out an item for a small cash outlay. I remember the days I relied on it, if only to get my YSL lipstick at Christmas! Sadly, most high end items are gone.

Tho I'm not a die hard shopper, those return fees add up. As others have said the quality of many offerings has diminished.

Honored Contributor

@KitlynnAgree with you 100%.  I can't remember ever using it.  In addition to paying for the item for months, if several items are ordered I would get confused keeping track of everything.  And offering 6 easy pays on something that costs $20 is IMO ridiculous.