Honored Contributor

Re: Hormonal Acne on Chin - HELP

Do you talk on the phone a lot?

It might be due to that, if you only have chin break outs..

Try cleaning off the receiver with a bacterial wipe.

Honored Contributor

Wayne Goss... LINK

His process is EXACTLY how I keep mine gone and prevent more. Yes, the phone and hands on face/stress cause it to return. Low % (2.5 from CVS) in a thick paste at night covering the ENTIRE AREA ( bacteria travel!) keeps it away. Used to think I had food allergies...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

I cut way down on gluten and dairy in my diet for health reasons, but as a bonus, my skin stopped breaking out! When I overindulge in either one, the acne comes back.

Contributor

I have similar issues. Over 40 acne primarily around the crevasses of my chin and nose. Tried just about everything. One thing they always told us would cause pimples was wearing make up but my skin is much more under control when I wear make up regularly. I wear BE but when I used others such as Lancôme the results were the same. I think it just keeps the oils under control.

Best treatment results from SSC Continuously Clear Adult Formula. I also get good results with Proactive. The product that helps most is the body scrub but I use it on my face, also love their Green Tea Moisturizer. Gels never seem to cause me any pimples. Every cream does. Some serums are okay so I just use more of those. SSC Replicate & Renew and Perlier Honey Elixir works best for me. SSC C Serum is another good one.

Annoying problem. Doesn't look so bad, easy to cover but it actually hurts and hey, no one wants pimples. BE covers well. I love their products but their Acne treatment didn't do much. Their bisque is a concealing miracle. Good luck. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 7/18/2014 gazelle77 said: Paleo diet tips..... Much of skin problems come from poor diet choices....... http://www.paleoforwomen.com/hormonal-acne-where-its-coming-from-and-what-to-do-about-it/

Unfortunately life isn't this easy gazelle77. If it were, people with acne would gladly adhere to a very clean, healthy, unprocessed diet. Acne causes many people depression, isolation, etc. You apparently haven't suffered the effect or you wouldn't tout such simple "cures". Diet doesn't effect hormonal acne.

Propionibacterium acnes, or P. acnes for short, is the bacteria responsible for acne & it is very virulent and very hard to get rid of. Acne is caused by the effects of hormones on sebaceous glands.

Go see a great derm. They can prescribe medication or other. Good luckSmiley Happy

Contributor

I have adult hormonal acne and ended up going to a dermatologist. My chin was the worst!! I was prescribed a daily oral pill called Spironolactone and a topical gel called Finacea. My acne has disappeared!!! I know not everyone has insurance and that going to the dr may not b an option. However, my dermatologist has me use Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, which is cheap and works great. I use it on my Clarisonic w the Acne Brush Head. I used to use ProActiv, and it worked, but the benzoyl peroxide bleached all my towels, sheets, and clothes. I've heard good things about Paula's Choice but have not tried it for myself.
Super Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Skylands said:
On 7/18/2014 gazelle77 said: Paleo diet tips..... Much of skin problems come from poor diet choices....... http://www.paleoforwomen.com/hormonal-acne-where-its-coming-from-and-what-to-do-about-it/

Unfortunately life isn't this easy gazelle77. If it were, people with acne would gladly adhere to a very clean, healthy, unprocessed diet. Acne causes many people depression, isolation, etc. You apparently haven't suffered the effect or you wouldn't tout such simple "cures". Diet doesn't effect hormonal acne.

Propionibacterium acnes, or P. acnes for short, is the bacteria responsible for acne & it is very virulent and very hard to get rid of. Acne is caused by the effects of hormones on sebaceous glands.

Go see a great derm. They can prescribe medication or other. Good luckSmiley Happy

Sometimes the obvious "cures" are right there in front of us IF we are willing to stick to a program 100%. Nothing is simple or easy as Skylands said... you have to be dedicated. I had acne, I cleaned up my diet, natural supplementation and lifestyle to one that is very clean and very strict...... my skin cleared up and is now flawless. The answers are not in a pharmaceutical drug or application... that is not getting to the root of the issue. There is NO quick fix, most people want to magic pill or cream. When you have acne or ANY SKIN ISSUE is is a systemic infection of sorts, not just a visual one. It is your body screaming out that it is hormonally out of sync as well as toxic. It is usually those people who are the most sensitive skin that have the issue of acne. Ironically, they then apply harsh soaps and applications to dry up the skin... which only aggravates the problem more. Yes a dermatologist can give you medication.... but unless you look at the problem of acne as a whole body issue.... you will never get rid of it. I would also go to a naturopathic doctor to help you figure out what issues you are dealing with... food allergies, etc... to get a complete picture of your health. A regular doctor is fine.... if you break your leg.... but they are not going to give you a complete picture of your health.

Respected Contributor

On 7/23/2014 kemiqueen said: I have adult hormonal acne and ended up going to a dermatologist. My chin was the worst!! I was prescribed a daily oral pill called Spironolactone and a topical gel called Finacea. My acne has disappeared!!! I know not everyone has insurance and that going to the dr may not b an option. However, my dermatologist has me use Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, which is cheap and works great. I use it on my Clarisonic w the Acne Brush Head. I used to use ProActiv, and it worked, but the benzoyl peroxide bleached all my towels, sheets, and clothes. I've heard good things about Paula's Choice but have not tried it for myself.

Yes, Spironolactone is great and does work for hormonal acne. It's a very old & inexpensive drug, which has a long history and well know effects. Google for details.

Respected Contributor

On 7/23/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 7/23/2014 Skylands said:

Sometimes the obvious "cures" are right there in front of us IF we are willing to stick to a program 100%. Nothing is simple or easy as Skylands said... you have to be dedicated. I had acne, I cleaned up my diet, natural supplementation and lifestyle to one that is very clean and very strict...... my skin cleared up and is now flawless. The answers are not in a pharmaceutical drug or application... that is not getting to the root of the issue. There is NO quick fix, most people want to magic pill or cream. When you have acne is is a systemic infection of sorts, not just a visual one. It is your body screaming out that it is hormonally out of sync as well as toxic. It is usually those people who are the most sensitive skin that have the issue of acne. Ironically, they then apply harsh soaps and applications to dry up the skin... which only aggravates the problem more. Yes a dermatologist can give you medication.... but unless you look at the problem of acne as a whole body issue.... you will never get rid of it.

Pleeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Don't preach to me on this topic. U R not an MD!

Super Contributor

And try not to touch your chin with your hands during the day...same thing as the phone causing breakouts. It is so troubling to have zits when you are an adult...hope you find something that helps.