Frequent Contributor

I have for decades tried the all new wonderful eyeliners on my hooded eyes but it never stayed. So I tried running the Urban Decay (You know the famous one) eyeshadow primer potion. But I couldn't run the UD cream across my whole eyelid up to the brow because of crepeness. So I started to run it along my upper lash line only and let it dry. Problem solved...now I can use any eyeliner and it stays all day.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hooded Eyes and eyeliner

@catsgalore5354

Thanks for the tip!  Woman Wink

Regular Contributor

I use the UD primer potion as well. I have hooded lids. The problem I notice is the eyeliner will come off (or transfer) on my upper lid area, where the eyeline touches that hooded lid area. Groan.

Honored Contributor

@shoppingless wrote:

I use the UD primer potion as well. I have hooded lids. The problem I notice is the eyeliner will come off (or transfer) on my upper lid area, where the eyeline touches that hooded lid area. Groan.

@shoppingless  Hooded lids do better w/o liner and using the tight lining technique between lashes. With less lid showing, eyeliner takes up too much space & it’s rare that it doesn’t smear.

Honored Contributor

On another thread I suggested using a lid primer as a solution to migrating or disappearing liners. I'm glad to see it worked for you. @catsgalore5354

Regular Contributor

I'll have to look up tight lining on youtube. lol. Not sure I can see well enough for that!  I rarely wear eyeliner, sometimes a light silver that really looks more light a shadow. I feel like I need light colors as my eyes are also close set.

Thanks for the tip!

Honored Contributor

@shoppingless wrote:

I'll have to look up tight lining on youtube. lol. Not sure I can see well enough for that!  I rarely wear eyeliner, sometimes a light silver that really looks more light a shadow. I feel like I need light colors as my eyes are also close set.

Thanks for the tip!

@shoppingless  Don’t feel alone w/ the not seeing well enough. I keep readers hanging in my glass mug w/ makeup brushes. Without them I can’t see names of navy pencil from black or names on labels of lipstick. It’s just a necessity. Sometimes wear them far down on nose when doing the tight line, too.