Valued Contributor

Honest Beauty - order is waiting on my front steps

[ Edited ]

I have been very curious about Jessica Alba's new line of cosmetics -- Honest Beauty -- and finally took the plunge and placed an order.  They have a cool system where you can pick out any three items from the cosmetics or skincare line and make your own bundle for a flat $50 fee.  Then, each additional item in your order is 25% off.  I ordered the oil-free moisturizer, oil-free tinted moisturizer and an eyeshadow trio for my bundle, and then added on a cocoa eye pencil.  The concept with the bundle is that you will get that same bundle each month unless you skip or opt out -- kind of like auto-delivery.

The site is quite beautiful and Jessica is featured wearing a lot of different looks using the cosmetics, with details on exactly which products are used.  I am hoping for quality products!  I am watching the clock and can't wait to get home and check it all out.

Anyone else try this line yet?  Thoughts?

Valued Contributor

Re: Honest Beauty - order is waiting on my front steps

I'm interested in trying it ! Is it in stores yet, or do you have to order from her site?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used the body products but not makeup...love it and to me it has the faint smell of almond.i wanted to ad that you can buy some products T Costco

Valued Contributor

I ordered directly from the site.  I couldn't find it anywhere else online, and nothing is mentioned on the site about "where to buy".

Super Contributor

I have a huge haul from them that I ordered right when the line launched. I had a little surgery though and haven't really given most of it a fair chance in order to share a review. Here is what I will say: I love the cleansing powder so far. You put it in one hand and wet the other hand fingers then rub into a paste and apply. It seems to clean really well, no tight feeling. Haven't really tackled a ton of eye makeup with it yet but it has removed the light applications I have used it on. It seems gentle enough to use on eye area. No granules or scrubbies.
The eyeshadow quad swatched well. I do like the colors I chose. Can't remember the name without looking. I used one of the shades with other shadows and it was pretty. I did tap brush off and some powder flew, but no fallout on my face. Could describe further if anyone wishes.
I tried the sheer lip color stick. Like it a lot too. Smooth and soft on lips, not to thick or creamy-not sticky at all. I have pretty pigmented lips and I like the color but it doesn't give a whole lot of color but is nice, and actually a bit buildable for a sheer shade. Don't get me wrong, there is color though.
Enjoy opening it up Lanikins :-)
~smiles, SnowKita
Super Contributor

Oh yeah, I would be happy to give more info. on anything if anyone is interested. Have the primer, a moisturizer, the balm, sunscreen, another lip stick (not the sheer one), can't remeber what else of the too of my head. Next bundle I believe is cream blush, mascara, another lip shade, more cleanser pkts.
Valued Contributor

Thanks SnowKita for all of the information!  I am so excited about this line.  I am interested in ordering the balm and primer next.  How shimmery is the primer?  I see that it contains mica and I'm not interested in a lot of shine -- just luminosity. 

Respected Contributor

I, too, purchased a bundle right when it launched. I got the primer (have not tried, trying to use up another one), as well as the tinted moisturizer (really like this!!), and cream blush (very nice, but wish wear time was longer). I do like the items, but I just have so much stuff I cancelled my bundle, and will re-order another bundle if I really like certain items or want to try more. Enjoy your goodies, beauties!!

Super Contributor

@Coco Butter Bean wrote:

Thanks SnowKita for all of the information!  I am so excited about this line.  I am interested in ordering the balm and primer next.  How shimmery is the primer?  I see that it contains mica and I'm not interested in a lot of shine -- just luminosity. 

U R welcome :-)

It is pretty shimmery, but very fine, little particles.  It is there though.   Maybe someone with a more shimmery primer would say it isn't very , but I see it & I'd prefer it not be there.  I don't know how or if it would show through makeup used over it.  If you can't see it once makeup is on, why put it in there? I didn't think a primer was anything you were suppposed to 'see'.  I will report back when I use it with something over it. Maybe it will be the bomb, whoop, & I will achieve the 'glow'.  ha!  hth

Super Contributor

Oh yeah, the primer has color to it too. It seems bronze (?) almost when i put a dab on my hand. I'll get back about that as well.