Respected Contributor

Re: Holly Mordini is on Evine again tomorrow night and Saturday!

I love Holly, but I've got to admit that I didn't recognize her........she's wearing Shawn's glasses!!!!  (kidding, I love Shawn)

Regular Contributor

I was really looking forward to seeing Holly and her new products. I wasn't impressed with anything. I did give a second look at her 2 crayon eye shadows but they did not show up much. I'm a little disappointed. I didn't think the prices were great.

Trusted Contributor

I wasn't planning on ordering anything but after seeing the presentation on the  chubby eye shadow sticks in the plum/stone duo I had to order it.  It looked beautiful on the model. I also ordered the eyeliners in the black plum/slate gray.

Honored Contributor

Coquille wrote:

I was really looking forward to seeing Holly and her new products. I wasn't impressed with anything. I did give a second look at her 2 crayon eye shadows but they did not show up much. I'm a little disappointed. I didn't think the prices were great.

I agree, the eyeshadow crayons did not lay down alot of color. She kept "coloring" the eyelid with them over and over and they never really showed up. I wasn't impressed at all. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS lol cute story! Smiley Happy 

Regarding my sweet boy, he is laying at my feet right now. yesterday we had his third chemo so he is a bit tired. He is doing great though- he has quickly figured out his prosthetic and is getting around doing normal dog stuff. We also had a little accupuncture done on his tight shoulders (due to having to hop around before he got his prosthetic) and they gave me a bunch of massage/stretching techniques to do to help keep his muscles from getting too tight and keep his limbs flexible. We are swimming twice a week too so he stays healthy and strong. Thanks for asking-he is a sweet boy and I love him so much. He is a trooper for sure. Heart

Honored Contributor

danishgal wrote:

@HappyDazeDid you find out if Stroke of Beauty is cruelty free? No mention of it on their website.

@danishgal finally heard back. Here is what was written to me:

"To the best of our knowledge no ingredients, that we have used, are being tested on animals during the manufacturing of our products.

In regards to your question on animal-derived ingredients included in our products, we are investigating and we will send you the answer as soon as we have checked our product ingredients.

Very truly yours,

StrokeOfBeauty_LOGO_FINAL_OL

"

To be honest, I am not comfortable with that answer so won't be purchasing anything at this time. It sounds very vague, kind of like ignorance is bliss stance but maybe I am reading too much into it? They also do not address the part about the finished product being tested on animals, which I asked as well. .

I do hope they actually get back to me about the animal-derived ingredients but I am not holding my breath.  

HTH!

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze

I am thrilled to hear your sweet boy is holding his own and appears to be tolerating his treatments. I love hearing about the acupuncture and your swimming sessions. You certainly have all the modalities covered! Brav♡!!!

I lost my beloved Dobie to this particular cancer. Magnificent dog, just broke my heart losing her. Unfortunately she was not a surgical candidate due to a heart condition. She was a real trooper right up to the end. I still dearly cherish my memories and honor the opportunity to have had such a remarkable pet in my life. Keep up the good work, I know it's hard. Sending my unfailing support, love and light your way.

Changing gear... I had googled around looking for reviews on Holly's products and one blogger had 'cruelty free' listed in her remarks. Curious that you could not get a definitive reply from the Co. I'm sure you're not the only one interested in knowing this. 

I have received my Evine orders and am in the process of evaluating now. I can say the eye shadow crayons and eyeliner duos Do Not budge! And btw, are interchangeable. I'll be back to update further. I remember your interest in the glosses. Cyber hugs.

Honored Contributor

I love Holly.  She is beautiful and talented.  That being said, I am NOT impressed with her new line.

WHY did she leave Smashbox?????????? Mistake....

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS awww thank you for sharing your story of your Dobie and I know your heartbreak. You were both so lucky to have each other and I am sure she had a wonderful life with you. It is so hard to lose our sweet babies. Every time they leave us, they take a little piece of our hearts, don't they? 

Next chemo is in three weeks and we will do more imaging to make sure still no new growths. I only pray they still find nothing. It is always nerve racking, as I am sure you know. Thank you for all the well wishes and support and love. It truly means the world to us and I just KNOW it helps us stay strong. Blessings to you, rochelle. {{hugs}}

And on a lighter note, I do wish they were a bit more definitive in their answer. I will wait and see. Glad to hear the shadows don't budge though- that is great! I can't remember- what colors did you get and which do you like the best? Can't wait to read updates!! Thanks for sharing! 

Respected Contributor

Winamac wrote:

I love Holly.  She is beautiful and talented.  That being said, I am NOT impressed with her new line.

WHY did she leave Smashbox?????????? Mistake....

I sure agree!

While I did not love Smashbox products, I loved watching Holly show them.  She looked fabulous and did a great job with the products.  Not impressed with this line at all.

Hyacinth

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View