Honored Contributor

Re: Holly Mordini--Stroke of Beauty

I used to watch her and think -- this woman is truly beautiful!!!   

I will have to check her line out.  I hope her new venture is a big success!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

Is it really going to be a TSV tomorrow??

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I never liked smashbox cosmetics and never watched shows so don't know much about her but am looking forward to another new line of makeup to check out.  Does anyone know if it will be cruelty free?

The only thing I ever liked about Smashbox was their brushes.  I can't in good faith order anything from her line until I read reviews.  

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I never liked smashbox cosmetics and never watched shows so don't know much about her but am looking forward to another new line of makeup to check out.  Does anyone know if it will be cruelty free?

The only thing I ever liked about Smashbox was their brushes.  I can't in good faith order anything from her line until I read reviews.  

Same here. Especially since the blog stated that the person who helped her formulate and launch is the former CEO (and founder??) of Smashbox. I won't be interested in it at all if it is Smashbox redux.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Same here. Especially since the blog stated that the person who helped her formulate and launch is the former CEO (and founder??) of Smashbox. I won't be interested in it at all if it is Smashbox redux.

I had no idea about the former CEO.  I sure won't be interested either after you said that.  Thanks for your post.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I had no idea about the former CEO.  I sure won't be interested either after you said that.  Thanks for your post.  

Yes, from her blog on QVC.com (http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/The-Most-Creative-Time-in-my-Life/ba-p/2100863) :

"Dean Factor, co-founder and former CEO of Smashbox whom I reported to during my years there, is now my business partner.  We’ve been busy reuniting tremendously talented industry experts for what we like to call - the STROKE OF BEAUTY Dream Team. "

You are welcome!

Respected Contributor

I tried and tried (and tried!) to like Smashbox, but I didn't find many items I loved. Many people love their brow products, and they were the best of the bunch, IMO, but many of their items felt DS quality, to me. Definitely not worth the prices. It took me a few TSV's to figure that out. Lol! Stroke of Beauty will have to do a 180 from SB in order for me to be interested, TBH. 

Respected Contributor

Wanted to add: I watch the Q for about 15 minutes per year (only when I want to see a presentation of something I really want or am interested in), but would often DVR the shows when Holly was on, back in the day. She was very personal and informative. I really enjoyed watching her. 

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

I tried and tried (and tried!) to like Smashbox, but I didn't find many items I loved. Many people love their brow products, and they were the best of the bunch, IMO, but many of their items felt DS quality, to me. Definitely not worth the prices. It took me a few TSV's to figure that out. Lol! Stroke of Beauty will have to do a 180 from SB in order for me to be interested, TBH. 

Hi FUTURE! Smiley Happy This is how I felt about SB too and I hope her products are much nicer. I will definitely be interested in watching the presentations! 

Super Contributor

I have always enjoyed watching Holly. She s very believable and stunning!