Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

The MAC counter was kinda new to Dillards not too long before COVID came to my part of the country and my first knee went out so I didn't get to visit it very much.  At the time I was obsessed with the Aladdin Lip Glass lipgloss and bought 8 at different times.  I can't think of anything else I purchased there.  

My parents were here all day today while my daughter and husband moved their things to the assisted living facility.  Mom wanted to put on some makeup but didn't have hers.  I sat her down in my vanity chair in front of my makeup mirror, turned the lights on and rolled my makeup cart to one side and opened the skincare drawer on the other side of her.  She said she felt like she was at a makeup counter in Dillards Smiley Happy  It's been a LONG time since she was able to do that.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm , they love being catered to...make up, etc.  My mom still wears all her makeup,  colors her hair, and gets dressed every day, no matter what.  She just made 93 !  I got her some simple products,  including a hair rinse she can touch up herself.  Mom gets tons of magazines from Vogue, Bazaar,  and others...she was always so trendy...cool lady.   She wears little sequin caps to match her outfits...🥰    Keep up your kindness...its much appreciated, I guarantee. 

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

Your mom sounds awesome Smiley Happy  Mom's declining health has kept her from maintaining her looks like she used to.  And now, of course, her grief.  I'm  hoping now that she is surrounded by others and she's not maintaining a 3500 sf house and cooking meals, she will have more time and feel like making herself up again.  Most of all I want to see her smile and laugh again.  That will be the best makeup she can wear.