Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday Beauty Blockbusters; do you purchase them?

I bought my first blockbuster this season and I'm pleased with it. It's the Estée Lauder Color Envy  in Plum Noir. The eyeshadows surprised me with their pigmentation and staying power. I knew I would love the lip glosses and lipsticks as Ihave used them before as well as the mascara.  I liked it so much that I bought the nude palette on eBay. It's the first time I tried any of their skin care and the moisturizer is wonderful. Kinda like a gel that absorbs very quickly. I haven't tried the other products yet. Perfume is okay, but strong. I never bought the blockbuster before because you had to buy a fragrance to get the blockbuster.  This year it wasn't required. I'm glad I got it since it's performing so well for me and its not bothering my skin. I also got a ten day sample of Double /wear foundation. Jury is still out on it. I think I like my Clarins Everlastiing Matte foundation better. 

Respected Contributor

@makeup addict  I have never bought a Holiday Beauty Blockbuster before, but I am very tempted to buy one this year.  I've been looking at reviews on YouTube for the Estee Lauder one and the Lancome one. And everyone raves about both of them. Now I'll just have to decide which one to get.

Honored Contributor

No, but I used to.. I have so much makeup, I would have no where to put a big blockbuster kit...I love makeup, but I no longer buy it like I used too, I have way too much and the only things I seem to buy most regularly is mascara, and lipstick. Everything else I am well stocked for a lifetime, and my daughter's lifetime and maybe even my grandaughter's lifetime! lol! Those block buster kits are really nice though if you think you will use enough of the products!

Honored Contributor

I purchase Estée christmas holiday block buster yearly. Have done this for several years. I use EL daily.

this year was a good one, have had some duds too.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever heard of Holiday Beauty Blockbusters before... 

Regular Contributor

Where are these blockbusters offered?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Merciful One Every major department store. If they carry Lancome, Estee Lauder or Elizabeth Arden, the counters will have them (if they have not already sold out). You can also order them online from the same department store OR from the brands' website. All are with a purchase from the same line of products.

BTW: ULTA does one every year. This year the products come in a train case. If you like the ULTA brand makeup, it's a fantastic deal!!!

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 and @Merciful One

Beauty Blockbusters are beauty sets that luxury brands put out around Christmas that you can purchase for a steal after you purchase something from the brand.  You can get them from any Macy's or Norstrom.

Lancome.jpgEstee Lauder.jpg