Honored Contributor

Did anyone else see the early morning video Hoda did to announce the release of her book?  She was a living, breathing advertisement for beauty products. Where public perception is everything, I'm surprised she'd appear so bedraggled.  No make-up whatsoever, huge bags under her eyes, limp, stringy hair.  Skin looked terrible.  She has become the stereotype of the sloppy housewife.  They have some geniuses in make-up at NBC who normally make her look good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Hoda is on maternity leave, after adopting her second baby. When I had two children under three, I considered it a great accomplishment to complete my daily shower. Make-up? I’d have to hire a babysitter.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Mixed with Hoda's age and now the Mother of two , this is a huge change for her. Just sounds like she is just worn out. Makes me tired from just the sound of her new life.

Honored Contributor

I think she has more important things to do ,than worry about make up,really do we need to always put people down?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

She’s beautiful!

(mic drop)

F8A90656-42F9-44DE-B28A-04D72AE5E817.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I think she has more important things to do ,than worry about make up,really do we need to always put people down?

Unhappy people do it.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I don't think anyone is putting her down.  Stating observations of an unkept appearance is not trying to put someone down. 

Hoda always appears attractive and put together on her television appearances.  I don't follow her on IG so I haven't seen these other pictures.

Honored Contributor

I am by no means unhappy, nor worrying about anyone's makeup or lack thereof.  It was an opinion formed by what I see over a few years of social media posts, where some are strikingly odd -- to me.  Discussion + Opinion = Forum

However, I am not going to further this conversation, so I have deleted my post.

Honored Contributor

I follow Shawn K. on IG and many of her pics are from her home and she oftentimes doesn't wear makeup, etc.

Recently, after one of these pics, someone posted a comment that she could use a bath.  Now that wasn't very nice!  But if you put your pics out there for the world to see, I guess you run the risk of getting negative feedback.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I am by no means unhappy, nor worrying about anyone's makeup or lack thereof.  It was an opinion formed by what I see over a few years of social media posts, where some are strikingly odd -- to me.  Discussion + Opinion = Forum

However, I am not going to further this conversation, so I have deleted my post.

Sorry you had to delete your post @Caaareful Shopper