Contributor

Hint for Saving on Cost of Wen

I found a great shampoo and conditioner (Nutrisse Color Shield) and use Wen as a leave in and my results were great.

I like Wen but it was getting expensive (as I wash hair daily) and have hair past my shoulders it was taking at least 15 pumps. And frankly sometimes it worked great..other times it was a miss. I'm sure because of my missing to do a step right.

Just for the heck of it I tried the Nutrisse Pomegranate and acai berry shampoo and conditioner (Color Shield) as it was advertised not to strip your hair thru 45 shampoos. (its in a deep red bottle with green top at Walmart). I was not expecting such an inexpensive product (6.00 for both) to do anything.

So I used the shampoo and conditioner , rinsed, towel dried and then combed thru a full pump of wen in my hair (concentrating on the crown where I tend to go flat). The results were as good as if I had used the whole wen ritual. My hair had body, shine and felt somehow stronger.

This is saving me a good bit of money and I'm liking the results. Just thought I'd suggest you try it. Its pretty inexpensive so no big loss if it doesn't work for you.