Esteemed Contributor

Highlighters or blush as eyeshadow

Yesterday I applied Nomad cosmetics rose highlighter on my eyelids along with elf Magnetic Pull shadow stick (plum color.) The result was lovely without being overwhelming. 

Has anyone tried highlighter or blush on their eyelids? Either by itself or combined with eyeshadow. I think bronzer could also work as eyeshadow if so inclined. 

Sometimes i think about buying more eyeshadow, but I have enough for my needs right now. Using highlighter as shadow gives me room to experiment. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: Highlighters or blush as eyeshadow

@teganslaw   Sounds beautiful. I do like my bronzer in my crease and do sometimes use a bit of blush under my brow to tie a look together. 

Enjoy time to play one evening after taking makeup off...

Respected Contributor

Yes, I like highlighter, blush, or bronzer as eyeshadow. I like highlighter more on my eyelids than on my face.

I recently purchased a Urban Decay mini eyeshadow and was not happy with the look until I applied with finger. I like the look much better than applying with a brush. I actually thought about returning but decided to play around a bit and found a look I really like.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw I do sometimes. It's quick & easy & I am lazy.

I love Magnetic Pull Shadow Stick, too!

Honored Contributor

I use highlighter right above my eyeliner, dead center above the eyeball -- below the crease (where the color goes).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Yes--I have  and do use both when needed. The colors just seem to cover better than eye shadow and I do not use the wild crazy colors for eyes anymore, I prefer the neutral shades. My fave blush is by Elizabeth Arden and is called Peach Sorbet--such a nice color on cheeks and eyelids. Not too peachy or pink and not too brown either 

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw i do it many times a month. Nice way to integrate colors.

Respected Contributor

Yep, I have put blush and or highlighter on my eyelids when I used to wear makeup. I think it was either Malloy or Laura Gellar who used to suggest doing that.

Honored Contributor

If I want a quick, natural look.  My current favorite blush is subtle and works nicely with one swipe across the eyelids.

Honored Contributor

No eye makeup at all. I wear glasses and rather not call attention to my eyes.