Valued Contributor
Watching Robert cook on hsn, he suggested putting a bit of highlighter over concealer if you have hollowing under the eye to bring the hollow forward. Will have to give it a try, my filler is starting to disappear after over a year Smiley Sad
Regular Contributor
I've tried it in cheek hollows to make my face look fuller instead of contour. It works. Btw...I've done juvaderm on my lips...nothing over the top. What did you use under the eyes? I have very deep hollows. Rhanks
Valued Contributor
My derm used restalyne in the hollows, best thing I ever did. It’s lasted for over a year. I had one vial for both eyes and then at my follow up we decided I needed a bit more so I had a total of two vials injected. I did have bruising under one eye, so plan on some downtime to be safe. My derm uses a laser if needed to help break up any bruising post injection. Under the eyes it’s important to use a very experienced injector, its a difficult area to inject.
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I use an under eye brightener over my concealer. It really helps bring on the look of 'well-rested'. I like the one by Becca...Under Eye Brightening Corrector (potted cream).  It has light-reflecting pigments within a water-resistant, hydrating base. It's almost like a highlighter but not as intense as one and is buildable. Goes on easier with it warmed up between fingers or put a tiny amount on the back of the hand and work it with a small concealer brush. Application is a little tacky so you can dust on setting powder to set and prevent settling.

BECCA
Under Eye Brightening Corrector $32 (it's not a concealer)

download (1).jpg

Valued Contributor
Thanks @SilleeMee, will have to try that.
Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:
Watching Robert cook on hsn, he suggested putting a bit of highlighter over concealer if you have hollowing under the eye to bring the hollow forward. Will have to give it a try, my filler is starting to disappear after over a year Smiley Sad

@Fluke67  Sometimes I mix a little concealer w/ my Laura Mercier Radiance Primer....brightness, coverage and staying power in one step. 

Contributor

I have the best luck disguising my hollows by taking my Bare Minerals Warmth up under my eyes while using it on my face. So, instead of using a highlighter to bring up the low areas of the hollows I use the Warmth to bring down the higher parts in the under eye area. Also with using the Warmth on my face and carrying it up under my eyes it all blends together so  the under eye area doesn't stand out calling attention to the imperfections. It's worth a try to see if it works for you too. 

Honored Contributor

I'm glad that technique works for you guys. Whenever I do it, though, I look like a reverse raccoon. It draws too much attention: "Yo! Everyone! Look at me trying to camouflage MY UNDEREYES!!" Plus the brightening gets up on and around my lower eyelid muscle area and broadcasts every little wrinkle.

What works consistently is a tiny amount of Bye Bye Undereye on the darkest areas, applied super super thin. I don't want my undereye circles to stand out or pop anywhere. They just need to blend subtly into my cheek. I've been doing this for ages.

To me, highlighter is to highlight what I want attention paid to. So cheekbones, the jawbone angle notch, sometimes the cupid bow.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr