Honored Contributor
On 8/2/2014 BeautyAddiction said:
On 8/1/2014 PKB said:
On 8/1/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 8/1/2014 feline groovy said:

No one's forcing you to purchase it at the Q.

And this applies to other posters who complain about the shipping & other prices here. It's SO easy to change things if they <em>really</em> bother you, as you have several options to do so.

Unless you just get off on complaining... hey, some people actually do. Smiley Wink

In fact, if you check Ebay, Amazon, and other online vendors, you'll pay much less and often have free shipping.

Seems more like commenting and making observations. But, some get off on scolding.

No......most get tired of the whining about S&H. It's been done to death!

And I'm sick and tired of people opening posts that they only want to scold people for. You clearly knew what the post was, so why did you even bother to open it? People are allowed to ask whatever they want and I, for one, am tired of all the snarky answers. Maybe the person who asked the question never saw the other posts - not everyone has time to be on this BB all day and miss a lot of the posts - ever think of that before you posted your negative repliy?

BECAUSE... a thread that's entitled "High s/h and tax!!!!!" - no matter where it's posted - could be about anything. Just like posters do when they (usually deliberately) post a "teaser" title to get attention. Not all that "clear" as you said above.

I was curious, so I took a peek.

There's no need to be so cranky and "snarky" (again, as you said above), and take your negative personal issues out on me or others. Especially as you didn't also unreasonably call out PKB for commenting about the everlasting whining just as well. Most people would much rather see more positive threads, than the constantly-complaining ones.

And you conveniently forgot to quote my courteous response to Bella in post # 42 of this thread:

BC: I really don't "scold"; just can't understand why people don't pay the very least that they can, even if money's no issue.

You're also instantly judging and assuming WAY too much about me, a total stranger. Do you do that to other people as well, even those you're close too? Nothing good ever comes from it.

BTW, I always try to give credit to others, especially the ones I don't know. Which is more than I can say for you.

Esteemed Contributor

You can find out the total before hitting submit. If I could afford $150 for some cream I could pay s,h & tax.

Honored Contributor
On 8/2/2014 pupcakes said:

You can find out the total before hitting submit. If I could afford $150 for some cream I could pay s,h & tax.

Cool

Honored Contributor

I have shopped with QVC since 1989, and they never had free tax. Only for those states that didn't have any. Although QVC shipping and handling are the highest anywhere (besides soft surroundings and a couple other places), they totally comply with the tax laws of your state and county.

I agree tax can be a huge expense. I am in California and with our high county taxes, my tax is around 9.2%.

IMO, you can go anywhere and buy Philosophy and get free shipping. I never buy my Perricone here. A small tube of cream is 9.96 to ship!! add over 20 bucks in tax and it adds up.

The only way I buy any cosmetic here is if it is an exclusive, or free ship. Shop around. All websites offer free returns and 30 day guarantee too! Most everything that is shown here on QVC can be purchased with free shipping, or free with minimum at the website of that vendor. I get way higher mrrebates with the other websites than I do QVC as well.

It is just an option

Honored Contributor

I can only speak for Virginia, but the Bobby Flay dishes would not be included in the tax free weekend. It is only things for back to school. Mostly clothing, office supplies and backpacks.

The stores here today have everything labeled accordingly (including Cracker Barrel!) so that people would know what was and what wasn't tax free.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Gal

If you send it back, you will be charged 6.95. I think.

Honored Contributor
On 8/2/2014 shoekitty said:

Gal

If you send it back, you will be charged 6.95. I think.

Yep; it will be subtracted from your refund.

However, if for any reason the item is defective or damaged, call the Q's customer service department and ask them if they can please note for the Returns dept. NOT to deduct that $6.95 return shipping fee.

Trusted Contributor

Gee, I think people complain about things like high S&H in the hopes that if enough of us complain maybe QVC will listen. It's been known to happen. And if nothing else, these complaints help everyone see that they aren't the only ones who wish the the S&H was lower and perhaps we should all vote with our purchasing power. If nobody ever complained here none of us would know how anyone else feels. That's all it is, IMO. Social media is how people put things together today, to start movements and organize actions like that.

BTW, these shopping channels are the only online shopping I've ever done that charge more for shipping the more I buy. On average, if I buy 10 things in one day I would pay about $50 for shipping alone! If I spend $50 at other sites I typically get FREE shipping on everything I order.

I think we are just commiserating and letting everyone know that QVC should do something about what they are charging, perhaps a restructure of how they handle/bundle packages or something like that. If not, a lot of us will buy what we can at other sites. Many of us already do Smiley Wink

KJPA
Honored Contributor
On 8/1/2014 PeterDM said: Whoa! So, it's Tax free weekend here in Arkansas, and I won't pay tax for anything I buy on QVC? Sounds like a good time to try some of the food they sell!
I'm sure there are restrictions on what is tax free. The idea is to give parents a break on school necessities. You'd better check before you start ordering. It's widely discussed on the TV news.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

When I purchase from the Q, the tax is the total amount of the merchandise AND the shipping & handling. This is not so with other sites.