Respected Contributor

Re: High-end products that you think are terrible

Philosophy 3-in-1s.   Other people LOVE this stuff, but I found it less than average in scent and suds.  I have better results from the cheap stuff at Dollar Tree.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Philosophy 3-in-1s.   Other people LOVE this stuff, but I found it less than average in scent and suds.  I have better results from the cheap stuff at Dollar Tree.

I agree with this.  I fell for it too and now I only buy them off of ebay or something -- never pay full price.

Contributor

Funny, my hairdresser said the same thing about getting so many complaints from her clients.  I had JUST ordered WEN, so then I did more research and found out there is a class action suit against them.  I called in to QVC and thy were great...my products had shipped but they let me return at no charge to me.  Thats why I love QVC!

Honored Contributor

The Clarisonic, after a few months I had BLACKHEADS. I don't get blackheads.  It obviously isn't "strong" enough for me.  Back to my Purity and/or Huggies Baby Wipes. 

Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

When did Bobbi Brown's quality start to fall? I admit I haven't bought anything from the line in quite a while. I have some of her old shadow sets and wondered if they were bought before this.

I have always thought the eye shadow shades were gorgeous in the pans.  That being said, the shadows, IMO, have ALWAYS been too powdery with no staying power or pigment.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Be happy that not everyone likes WEN, as they are already selling out before June 1st. Means more fit the WEN lovers.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I am a box store - drug store kind of gal.  I also go for Avon. I don't pay big bucks and have never felt like I had to.  

As for Wen, my daughter hated it when I handed it off.  She has the kind of hair that it would seem could use it.... thick tight curls.  She said thanks, but no thanks.  She talked of a greasy feel and no real result.  

Respected Contributor

Another item I thought of was the Too Faced Better than --- Mascara.  Flake city.  I only used it a few times and would like to use it up, but it is just terrible.  I havent been able to toss it yet.  I keep thinking maybe if it dries out a little, it will be better.  Probably not, but...

Honored Contributor

Chanel nail polish. They make such pretty colors, but they chip immediately on me.

Anything that goes on my face and is overly scented. Lancome Visionnaire and Dreamtone get a special mention in my skincare hell because of the high levels of fragrance they use. I tried some on the back of my hand in a store and thought I was going to wind up in the ER because of the asthma attack they triggered. I can't even imagine putting that on my face.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree on Bobbi Brown shadows having little to no pigment and are powdery. I don't think her gel eyeliner is' all that' either. Her original formula in the frosted glass jars were great, but the new ones are more like putty and harder to work with. I like IT cosmetics gel liner in the pot, you get a larger size, it is smoother, and lasts.