Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee wrote:

So we already know what kinds of things we can't talk about... so what kinds of things do we want to talk about in the hive?

Hello, @just bee and all. Not sure you remember me. I just happened to stumble across this, and I really like your ideas. Seasonal Beehive? Great! There are so many things we could talk about that aren't complaints. How we are creating our own lives. What makes us better. What increases our satisfaction and contentment. What makes us joyful. How we can take better care of ourselves and others. And sad or hard things, too, can be shared for mutual support. 

@KaySD 

Can't guarantee there won't be complaints! Woman LOL

Drop in and let us know how your new appliances are working out. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:
I got poofed but in it I said I will be there. Just say when & where. And I like seasonal too.

@Oshare-girl 

image.png

Hide your face in shame! Heart

@just bee @geezerette Yes, so much shame. I've always been a good girl. This feels so wrong.

@Oshare-girl 

We won't tell anyone if you don't!🤫😉

Trusted Contributor

How nice you remember me. Appliances are fine--not especi...

@just bee How nice you remember me. Appliances are fine--not especially better than before but they work.

Check out Harney's Indian Nimbu tea. I'd send you some if I could figure out how to squeeze it into my wifi. Best thing ever, especially iced. 

Respected Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@Oshare-girl, now is the time to buy if there ever was one. So many beauty sales from what I hear on these boards. It is good to get some replacements for a good price. Love a deal.  I am going to scout some out because I will need some skincare coming up and it would be great to get a deal if I can.  I am not as immersed in the beauty world these days so I have been missing a lot of them. 

Happy Bday to your DD.   

@aprilskies Thank you for the bday wishes! And nice to hear from you. There are a ton of sales going on. The brands are having their own sales before the big S-VIP sale happens. If I lose my status, I know I can buy from the individual brands next year. I think you will be able to restock your skincare on a budget right now. 

On the beauty side of things, I've been favoring less pigment. I used to be all about the pigmentation, but now I want things as sheer as possible. Just enough color to brighten up a notch. I notice with my existing products, everything is so pigmented, I try to use a light hand but it ends up way more glam than I want. So I picked up some deeply discounted Shiseido palettes that provide the look I'm going for. Sheer, slight shimmer and I can build up with my existing palettes when I feel like more. Even with lips (I still wear lip product under my masks for hydration), I layer a tinted balm under my full color lipsticks to sheer them out. Finally I saw a video where a sponge was dampened with a facial spray and then used to blend out concealer which gives a slightly sheered out coverage. It all gives me a fresher look. With growing out my gray hair, I needed to change up my makeup to give me a slightly youthful look. 

@Oshare-girl, It's great that there are so many sales from the brands. It alleviates waiting on S-VIP, plus it gives them some competition which isnt a bad thing. I havent shopped there in about 2 years now. I miss perusing in there though. Now I am only doing basic skincare and mu has just not been on my radar. I miss those days. It was fun.  I think I need to start pulling out my mu even though I am working from home.  Feeling a bit more polished and put together on calls would be good for me mentally. 

I do the wet sponge trick for my under eye concealor when I apply way too much. It really helps to sheer it out. I just wet my sponge with water though. I am always weary about products getting in my eyes. That is the absolutely worse feeling to me especially when you cant do much about it during the day. 

Did you ever cull your brush collection? 

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies - Thanks for answering! Hey, 5lbs is 5lbs, better to be down 5 than up 5. 

I had to make it a point to weigh myself every week to keep myself honest. If I don't, it's way too easy for me to pretend that I'm doing just fine, when in reality, I'm not. I swear I didn't weigh myself for a year and that's how I ended up at my highest weight ever. Even though I knew my clothes were super tight and I felt lousy, seeing that number on the scale was like a slap in the face and got my butt in gear. I still want to keep in the habit of weighing myself every week because I really want to avoid gaining it all back again if I can. 

I can SO relate to being totally out of shape. I was in horrible shape at the beginning of the year, I wasn't even sure if I could walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes and my knee was bothering me a lot. 

Now I can walk easily, my knee doesn't hurt, and I can even go for 30 minutes on our elliptical. I couldn't go more than 2-3 minutes on that thing when I first started. I am not in great shape by any stretch, but much better than I was. Hang in there, it does get easier!

@rnmom, thanks, I will take the 5lbs. Let's just hope that they dont find there way back either. Consistency is key but that is always the hardest for me. As much as I hate this saying, it is what it is, but for now, it really just is. One day and moment at a time. 

Work has taken a dip right now but it will start up again shortly. Quite honestly, lately it's got me thinking about retirement because why I like to keep somewhat busy, I am not sure I want to be out of my mind busy. As I get older it is just not appealing.  And if I am being forthright, lately it feels like I just am having a hard time putting 2 and 2 together and I am wondering where my motivation is hiding. 

Keep up the good work.  Winter and hiberation are coming or are here, stay vigilant.

Respected Contributor

Re: How nice you remember me. Appliances are fine--not especi...

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee How nice you remember me. Appliances are fine--not especially better than before but they work.

Check out Harney's Indian Nimbu tea. I'd send you some if I could figure out how to squeeze it into my wifi. Best thing ever, especially iced. 

@KaySD, nice to see that you found us and glad your appliances are at least ok.  It is tough these days. 

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee wrote:

So we already know what kinds of things we can't talk about... so what kinds of things do we want to talk about in the hive?

Hello, @just bee and all. Not sure you remember me. I just happened to stumble across this, and I really like your ideas. Seasonal Beehive? Great! There are so many things we could talk about that aren't complaints. How we are creating our own lives. What makes us better. What increases our satisfaction and contentment. What makes us joyful. How we can take better care of ourselves and others. And sad or hard things, too, can be shared for mutual support. 

@KaySD 

Of course you are remembered--and have been missed!❤️

Please do buzz on over to the new Bee Hive thread in Among Friends and join us.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@KaySD 

I had my eye on Shakespeare's Globe -- A Midsummer's Night Tea.

Black tea, orange peel, ginger root, oolong tea, vanilla flavor, caramel flavor, rose petals, blue cornflower, black currant flavor, bergamot oil.

It keeps selling out!  Woman Sad

Oh, that Nimbu description is intriguing.  Anything caramel is intriguing! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

@KaySD 

I had my eye on Shakespeare's Globe -- A Midsummer's Night Tea.

Black tea, orange peel, ginger root, oolong tea, vanilla flavor, caramel flavor, rose petals, blue cornflower, black currant flavor, bergamot oil.

It keeps selling out!  Woman Sad

Oh, that Nimbu description is intriguing.  Anything caramel is intriguing! Woman LOL

@just bee 

The flavor is quite unique in my experience. It starts as a good black tea, and then I find myself thinking it's sweet, but it's not actually sweet, so then I start wondering what spices I'm tasting, but I can't tell, and pretty soon I am outside a whole pot of it and enjoyed every drop. Of course, you might not like it as well as I do. I see you like the bergamot-forward teas a lot -- Paris is as far as I go in that direction, and I'm not 100% sure I don't like that mostly because I love the name!

I also snagged a box of apple spice tea--not cinnamon spice, apple spice. It was also unique and wonderful. Like dessert. 

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette  Thank you! What a nice message to find in my notifications.