Honored Contributor

Re: Hi Beauties, What did you purchase this week ending 7/18/14???

On 7/19/2014 lovestoteach said:

EL Eye Cream but now I don't think I will like it... Oh dear! My fav was discontinued!

I need to ask someone on the boards here if there is an eye product in existence that contains:

• Encapsulated in Cyclodextrin, this patented time-release delivery system gently exfoliates without irritation using retinol and 4 alpha hydroxy acids.
  • These were the active ingredients in my discontinued eye cream

Loves, did you try Neutrogena for an eye cream?

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

On 7/19/2014 lovestoteach said:
On 7/19/2014 dakotacheryl said:

a bottle of Jergens Glow in Fair/Medium (this year's version doesn't stink and is more hydrating...use on my legs).

dakotacheryl... are you SURE it doesn't stink... if you are SURE, I am going to try it again... thanks for the "heads up!"

Haha...it absolutely positively doesn't stink...Just make sure it is the "Glow" version in a pump top bottle...you should be able to unscrew the top in the store and smell it...

HTH

Trusted Contributor

On 7/17/2014 luv2playgolf said:

Smashbox 24 Hour Eye Primer - This may be the best eye shadow primer I've ever tried. I got a small sample from Sephora and have been using it all week. They were sold out at the moment. My shadow looks like I just applied it when I'm ready to take my makeup off at the end of the day. I bought the full size as soon as I could.

Does this primer do a good job neutralizing dark tea stained lids? Have you tried it in comparison to Trish McEvoy's Eye Base Essentials? That's been my HG for dealing with my dark lids but you get a tiny amount and I go through a tube in no time flat so I'm looking for alternatives. TIA.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Regular Contributor

On 7/19/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 7/17/2014 luv2playgolf said:

Smashbox 24 Hour Eye Primer - This may be the best eye shadow primer I've ever tried. I got a small sample from Sephora and have been using it all week. They were sold out at the moment. My shadow looks like I just applied it when I'm ready to take my makeup off at the end of the day. I bought the full size as soon as I could.

Does this primer do a good job neutralizing dark tea stained lids? Have you tried it in comparison to Trish McEvoy's Eye Base Essentials? That's been my HG for dealing with my dark lids but you get a tiny amount and I go through a tube in no time flat so I'm looking for alternatives. TIA.

It has a little bit of a pink tint in the tube, but it doesn't translate pink on the eyelid. I don't think it will really help with tea stains on the lid. It just really keeps the eye shadow true to color and it lasts all day without creasing. I have tried Trish McEvoy's and I think it has better coverage for dark lids. I find it a little drying, so I don't reach for it that much and my lids don't have a lot of darkness to cover. Sephora will make up a sample of the Smashbox if you'd like to try it.