Contributor

Hey girls, subject: Purity made Simple....

I have used this for years, I liked it because it takes off all makeup, even eye makeup. I am 62 now and my skin is changing, seems dry and dull, should I try something else?
Respected Contributor

Re: Hey girls, subject: Purity made Simple....

I would try something else. Purity dried me out. Maybe your skin has changed & it is drying you out, too. When my cleanser is too drying it makes my skin look ancient & awful. I'm using First Aid Beauty Cleanser. It doesn't break down long wearing makeup, so I rub on some argan oil first to break the makeup up. Then clean with the FAB. Good luck.

Contributor

Thanks Dusty I will try something else and I have plenty Argon oil to use so that was a great hint!
Respected Contributor

I got a sample of Purity a while back. Heard so much about it, but I hated it! Made my skin feel dry and not clean.

Honored Contributor

I had to stop using Purity at about age 54-55. It just didn't do the trick on aging skin. My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil or Neutrogena. I decided not to buy the really expensive brands anymore.

Frequent Contributor

I like Kiehls I use the Blue "Stuff" but it can be drying so I only use it if a breakout (yes I am "older" but still once in awhile a breakout) I also just found First Aid Beauty, they do have a Cream Cleanser I like. I bought a few different First Aid Beauty products. I Still like Purity also!

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I don't like Purity. If your skin is dull, you might need some gentle exfoliation. There are many cleansing options out there that won't strip your skin. A nice cleansing oil like Dr. Young's or Josie Maran will clean your face, but keep your skin soft. For a drugstore cleanser, there's Cetaphil, Purpose, Alpha Hydrox Cleanser. Some ladies have even returned to Noxema.

Respected Contributor

Try an oil cleaner like DHC.

Valued Contributor

Purity started to make my skin look dull a few years ago. I switched to Alpha Hydrox cleanser and it works really well without drying. Takes off all my makeup, including mascara without stinging.

Respected Contributor

On 2/16/2015 Marybella said:

Purity started to make my skin look dull a few years ago. I switched to Alpha Hydrox cleanser and it works really well without drying. Takes off all my makeup, including mascara without stinging.

I used to use Purity all the time, and I too quit a few years ago. Hmm... Is it our changing skin, or was that formula changed too?

ETA ~ Meant to add that I also use Argon Oil for stubborn eye makeup removal.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey