Honored Contributor

Re: Here's what I don't understand about reviews

On most websites, seems most of the reviews are negative.  I wonder if anyone ever likes anything.  I don't know whether to go by the reviews or use my own judgment.

Honored Contributor

Re: Here's what I don't understand about reviews

@Daysdee wrote:

On most websites, seems most of the reviews are negative.  I wonder if anyone ever likes anything.  I don't know whether to go by the reviews or use my own judgment.

That's because people who aren't happy with an item get angry (even if it their own fault) and they are 100 times more likely to post a negative review than people who are happy with their purchase.  My place of employment has a website and for a while, they ased for patient comments regarding their over all experience.   Bad idea.  We found out that, for the most part, only the unhappy people posted comments and most of those were not comments that could help the organization improve but they were just angry rantings.  Like "I parked on the street, two blocks away and my car was towed."   Someone really posted that.....our hospital validates parking for people with appointments.